Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec
- Software Engineer (33)
- Senior Software Engineer (32)
- Associate Software Engineer (18)
- Intern (15)
- Principal Software Engineer (13)
- Software Engineer Intern (12)
- Technical Support Engineer (11)
- Senior Manager (7)
- SQA Engineer (6)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (6)
- Associate SQA Engineer (6)
- Software Developer (5)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (5)
- SQA (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Sales Manager (4)
- Senior SQA Engineer (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Senior Product Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- Senior Systems Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Business Development (2)
- IT (2)
- Senior Support Engineer (2)
- Software Engineering (2)
- IT Manager (2)
Senior Product Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks – interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.
The hiring process varies greatly from department to department. I interviewed with 3 departments.
1. The first department was very responsive, acted fast and gave me a response within 2 days.
2. The 2nd department was slow, asked me to interview repeatedly with several other people who were not part of the interview panel earlier, making me believe that they didn't know what they wanted. In the end they didn't reply either yes or no and after some time I stopped following up on them.
3. The 3rd department was a lengthy process but a thorough interview with an initial phone screen, onsite interviews with the people I will interact with most often and a case evaluation/panel interview to judge my thinking. I think the interviews were conducted in a professionally and a timely manner. However, after I was given an oral offer, it took them 2-3 weeks to come back with a written offer and then another 2 weeks for a negotiated offer.
- I dont think there was anything unexpected. I had given several interviews prior to this interview and was very well prepared. In terms of difficulty I think the case interview was difficult only because I received the case only 12 hours before the interview (at night, so I devoted only 1-2 hours on the case). Answer Question
I wanted a higher salary. They didnt budge on the salary, but did offer me restricted stock.
Other Interview Reviews for Symantec
Senior Product Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Symantec (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.
This was a first for me, I was hired by referral and really had no interview. I was remote and so was my manager. Most painless interview ever in fact the best experience I have ever encountered. Did not hurt that I was qualified for the job and understood the products very well.
No need to negotiate, salary meet and exceeded my requirements and I always negotiate. Bonus plan and other perks, she is a great boss.
Senior Product Manager InterviewNo OfferEasy InterviewNo OfferEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Symantec (Bangalore (India)) in September 2012.
I was referred for the open position by a Symantec employee. I had 2 telephonic rounds and subsequently half day f2f discussions. The telephonic rounds were conducted by product managers in other business units. I had 3 interviews during the F2F meeting with PM, head PM and Engg director. I interviewers focussed on my past experience. During F2F discussions, there was a generic product design problem on hotel reservation system which was intended to test the candidates thinking process and ablity to solicit requirements.
- What is the most significant value add that a product manager delivers to the Engg team? Answer Question