Symantec Senior Product Manager Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Software Engineer (27)
- Senior Software Engineer (26)
- Associate Software Engineer (15)
- Software Engineer Intern (12)
- Technical Support Engineer (10)
- Principal Software Engineer (9)
- Intern (8)
- Senior Manager (6)
- Software Developer (5)
- Associate SQA Engineer (5)
- Engineering (4)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- SQA (4)
- SQA Engineer (4)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (3)
- Senior Systems Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (3)
- Senior SQA Engineer (2)
- Software Intern (2)
- Senior Product Manager (2)
- Principal Program Manager (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Senior Java Developer (2)
- Technical Support (2)
- Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (2)
- Senior Director (2)
Senior Product Manager Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.
Interview Details – The hiring process varies greatly from department to department. I interviewed with 3 departments.
1. The first department was very responsive, acted fast and gave me a response within 2 days.
2. The 2nd department was slow, asked me to interview repeatedly with several other people who were not part of the interview panel earlier, making me believe that they didn't know what they wanted. In the end they didn't reply either yes or no and after some time I stopped following up on them.
3. The 3rd department was a lengthy process but a thorough interview with an initial phone screen, onsite interviews with the people I will interact with most often and a case evaluation/panel interview to judge my thinking. I think the interviews were conducted in a professionally and a timely manner. However, after I was given an oral offer, it took them 2-3 weeks to come back with a written offer and then another 2 weeks for a negotiated offer.
Interview Question – I dont think there was anything unexpected. I had given several interviews prior to this interview and was very well prepared. In terms of difficulty I think the case interview was difficult only because I received the case only 12 hours before the interview (at night, so I devoted only 1-2 hours on the case). Answer Question
Negotiation Details – I wanted a higher salary. They didnt budge on the salary, but did offer me restricted stock.
Senior Product Manager Interview (Neutral Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in September 2012.
Interview Details – I was referred for the open position by a Symantec employee. I had 2 telephonic rounds and subsequently half day f2f discussions. The telephonic rounds were conducted by product managers in other business units. I had 3 interviews during the F2F meeting with PM, head PM and Engg director. I interviewers focussed on my past experience. During F2F discussions, there was a generic product design problem on hotel reservation system which was intended to test the candidates thinking process and ablity to solicit requirements.
Interview Question – What is the most significant value add that a product manager delivers to the Engg team? Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec