Symantec

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process varies greatly from department to department. I interviewed with 3 departments.
1. The first department was very responsive, acted fast and gave me a response within 2 days.
2. The 2nd department was slow, asked me to interview repeatedly with several other people who were not part of the interview panel earlier, making me believe that they didn't know what they wanted. In the end they didn't reply either yes or no and after some time I stopped following up on them.
3. The 3rd department was a lengthy process but a thorough interview with an initial phone screen, onsite interviews with the people I will interact with most often and a case evaluation/panel interview to judge my thinking. I think the interviews were conducted in a professionally and a timely manner. However, after I was given an oral offer, it took them 2-3 weeks to come back with a written offer and then another 2 weeks for a negotiated offer.

Interview Question – I dont think there was anything unexpected. I had given several interviews prior to this interview and was very well prepared. In terms of difficulty I think the case interview was difficult only because I received the case only 12 hours before the interview (at night, so I devoted only 1-2 hours on the case).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted a higher salary. They didnt budge on the salary, but did offer me restricted stock.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Product Manager Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred for the open position by a Symantec employee. I had 2 telephonic rounds and subsequently half day f2f discussions. The telephonic rounds were conducted by product managers in other business units. I had 3 interviews during the F2F meeting with PM, head PM and Engg director. I interviewers focussed on my past experience. During F2F discussions, there was a generic product design problem on hotel reservation system which was intended to test the candidates thinking process and ablity to solicit requirements.

Interview Question – What is the most significant value add that a product manager delivers to the Engg team?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!

Symantec Videos

Symantec – Why Work for Us?

​​What do Symantec employees have in common? We are passionate about what we do and contribute to something really important! We protect the world’s digital information and interactions. At Symantec, you will enjoy an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symantec Senior Product Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Symantec employees and interview candidates.