Symantec Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

The hiring process varies greatly from department to department. I interviewed with 3 departments.
1. The first department was very responsive, acted fast and gave me a response within 2 days.
2. The 2nd department was slow, asked me to interview repeatedly with several other people who were not part of the interview panel earlier, making me believe that they didn't know what they wanted. In the end they didn't reply either yes or no and after some time I stopped following up on them.
3. The 3rd department was a lengthy process but a thorough interview with an initial phone screen, onsite interviews with the people I will interact with most often and a case evaluation/panel interview to judge my thinking. I think the interviews were conducted in a professionally and a timely manner. However, after I was given an oral offer, it took them 2-3 weeks to come back with a written offer and then another 2 weeks for a negotiated offer.

Interview Questions
  • I dont think there was anything unexpected. I had given several interviews prior to this interview and was very well prepared. In terms of difficulty I think the case interview was difficult only because I received the case only 12 hours before the interview (at night, so I devoted only 1-2 hours on the case).   Answer Question
I wanted a higher salary. They didnt budge on the salary, but did offer me restricted stock.

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in September 2012.

I was referred for the open position by a Symantec employee. I had 2 telephonic rounds and subsequently half day f2f discussions. The telephonic rounds were conducted by product managers in other business units. I had 3 interviews during the F2F meeting with PM, head PM and Engg director. I interviewers focussed on my past experience. During F2F discussions, there was a generic product design problem on hotel reservation system which was intended to test the candidates thinking process and ablity to solicit requirements.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most significant value add that a product manager delivers to the Engg team?   Answer Question

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!