Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec
- Software Engineer (33)
- Senior Software Engineer (32)
- Associate Software Engineer (18)
- Intern (15)
- Principal Software Engineer (13)
- Software Engineer Intern (12)
- Technical Support Engineer (11)
- Senior Manager (7)
- SQA Engineer (6)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (6)
- Associate SQA Engineer (6)
- Software Developer (5)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (5)
- SQA (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Sales Manager (4)
- Senior SQA Engineer (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Senior Product Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- Senior Systems Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Business Development (2)
- IT (2)
- Senior Support Engineer (2)
- Software Engineering (2)
- IT Manager (2)
Senior Software Engineer (QA) Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in March 2015.
The process had 6 to 7 rounds of interview each one lasting for an hour.
It took almost a month to get to know that I was not selected because of weak networking concepts. Not sure if they were looking out for a software engineer or a network engineer. I was very much open from the beginning that I am not good at networking and still they made me to go through 6 torturous rounds of technical (puzzle, dot net and project related questions) interview to let me know the weakness which I was already aware of.
It clearly states that the interview panel is unaware of what they are looking out for. A complete waste of time. Would suggest them to be clear with what they want and not waste candidate’s valuable time if they cannot afford to pay enough.
I was rejected in the VP round with this non sense and unacceptable reason. It seems they were hiding the real reason. I think my current CTC was very high compared to their standards. They might have got a person who can work for peanuts.
Finally I would say a pathetic experience