Symantec Senior Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer (QA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

The process had 6 to 7 rounds of interview each one lasting for an hour.
It took almost a month to get to know that I was not selected because of weak networking concepts. Not sure if they were looking out for a software engineer or a network engineer. I was very much open from the beginning that I am not good at networking and still they made me to go through 6 torturous rounds of technical (puzzle, dot net and project related questions) interview to let me know the weakness which I was already aware of.
It clearly states that the interview panel is unaware of what they are looking out for. A complete waste of time. Would suggest them to be clear with what they want and not waste candidate’s valuable time if they cannot afford to pay enough.
I was rejected in the VP round with this non sense and unacceptable reason. It seems they were hiding the real reason. I think my current CTC was very high compared to their standards. They might have got a person who can work for peanuts.
Finally I would say a pathetic experience