Symantec

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in July 2010.

Interview Details – Consisted of multiple phone interviews with peers and management, followed by a face-to-face with the hiring manager

Interview Question – Do you have a problem with sales?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer
Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec in April 2010.

Interview Details – extensive online application, with submission of cover letter and resume
Hr screening 30 minutes by phone
non-hiring manager (later found out a senior manager as the hiring manager was a newbie manager) 60 + minute phone interview, EXCELLENT interviewing style and interpersonal skills. Basically I was a perfect fit for the position and company culture and told me I would be on the short list.
30 minute interview with hiring manager, asked questions you would find by google'ing 'interview questions' and although I answered 'by the book' ie correctly there was just no synergy between us. on 3 followup calls a continuation of obvious lack to sync between us lead to form letter.

I would not hesistate to apply with symantec again or advise anyone else against it. Corporate culture seems great and it has good and current products.

Interview Questions

Senior Systems Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Symantec in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round is written test for all, it doesn't matter what ever is your experience.

Interview Question – They asked to write programs in pen and paper.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!

Symantec Videos

Symantec – Why Work for Us?

​​What do Symantec employees have in common? We are passionate about what we do and contribute to something really important! We protect the world’s digital information and interactions. At Symantec, you will enjoy an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symantec Senior Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Symantec employees and interview candidates.