Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec
- Software Engineer (33)
- Senior Software Engineer (32)
- Associate Software Engineer (18)
- Intern (15)
- Principal Software Engineer (13)
- Software Engineer Intern (12)
- Technical Support Engineer (11)
- Senior Manager (7)
- SQA Engineer (6)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (6)
- Associate SQA Engineer (6)
- Software Developer (5)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (5)
- SQA (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Sales Manager (4)
- Senior SQA Engineer (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Senior Product Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- Senior Systems Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Business Development (2)
- IT (2)
- Senior Support Engineer (2)
- Software Engineering (2)
- IT Manager (2)
Senior Systems Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in July 2010.
Consisted of multiple phone interviews with peers and management, followed by a face-to-face with the hiring manager
- Do you have a problem with sales? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Symantec
Senior Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Symantec (Overland Park, KS) in April 2010.
extensive online application, with submission of cover letter and resume
Hr screening 30 minutes by phone
non-hiring manager (later found out a senior manager as the hiring manager was a newbie manager) 60 + minute phone interview, EXCELLENT interviewing style and interpersonal skills. Basically I was a perfect fit for the position and company culture and told me I would be on the short list.
30 minute interview with hiring manager, asked questions you would find by google'ing 'interview questions' and although I answered 'by the book' ie correctly there was just no synergy between us. on 3 followup calls a continuation of obvious lack to sync between us lead to form letter.
I would not hesistate to apply with symantec again or advise anyone else against it. Corporate culture seems great and it has good and current products.
Senior Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Symantec in September 2013.
First round is written test for all, it doesn't matter what ever is your experience.
- They asked to write programs in pen and paper. 1 Answer