Symantec Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in July 2010.

Consisted of multiple phone interviews with peers and management, followed by a face-to-face with the hiring manager

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Employee  in  Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec in April 2010.

extensive online application, with submission of cover letter and resume
    Hr screening 30 minutes by phone
    non-hiring manager (later found out a senior manager as the hiring manager was a newbie manager) 60 + minute phone interview, EXCELLENT interviewing style and interpersonal skills. Basically I was a perfect fit for the position and company culture and told me I would be on the short list.
    30 minute interview with hiring manager, asked questions you would find by google'ing 'interview questions' and although I answered 'by the book' ie correctly there was just no synergy between us. on 3 followup calls a continuation of obvious lack to sync between us lead to form letter.

I would not hesistate to apply with symantec again or advise anyone else against it. Corporate culture seems great and it has good and current products.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Symantec in September 2013.

First round is written test for all, it doesn't matter what ever is your experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked to write programs in pen and paper.   View Answer

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!