Symantec

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in July 2010.

Interview Details – Consisted of multiple phone interviews with peers and management, followed by a face-to-face with the hiring manager

Interview Question – Do you have a problem with sales?   Answer Question

Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec in April 2010.

Interview Details – extensive online application, with submission of cover letter and resume
Hr screening 30 minutes by phone
non-hiring manager (later found out a senior manager as the hiring manager was a newbie manager) 60 + minute phone interview, EXCELLENT interviewing style and interpersonal skills. Basically I was a perfect fit for the position and company culture and told me I would be on the short list.
30 minute interview with hiring manager, asked questions you would find by google'ing 'interview questions' and although I answered 'by the book' ie correctly there was just no synergy between us. on 3 followup calls a continuation of obvious lack to sync between us lead to form letter.

I would not hesistate to apply with symantec again or advise anyone else against it. Corporate culture seems great and it has good and current products.

Interview Questions

Senior Systems Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Symantec in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round is written test for all, it doesn't matter what ever is your experience.

Interview Question – They asked to write programs in pen and paper.   View Answer

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!