Symantec

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Applied through a career fair at university.

Interview Question – Basic C++ questions, mainly to check if I knew the fundamental concepts of C++.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – A C++ in depth technical test along with some problem solving questions

Interview Question – Some very tricky C questions - there are geeks in teh company from IIT who ask really touch questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – 1.Written Test(mainly of aptitude)
2.Technical interview(3 rounds)
3.HR interview

Interview Question – Common ancestor,connect the nodes in each level   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in September 2012.

Interview Details – These ppl had 3 tech n 1 HR round.. Written was difficult with negative markings. So better attend only those ques yu are very sure . Technical rounds concentrated mainly on OS,DBMS n cryptography. Ppl were friendly. Finally they gave norton anti virus to the selecte candidates...

Interview Question – Significance of number 4 in silberschatz OS book..??!! ratio of physical to secondary memory is 1:4 it seems   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

Interview Details – First phone interview was with project manager who asked around 10-12 objective type questions covering topic like OOPS, Software Engineering, Operating system etc.Second round was 3 hr virtual interview with the entire team consisting of three people using internet.

Interview Questions

Software Development Interview

Software Development
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in February 2011.

Interview Details – Symantec came to our college for placement through pool campus in which we had to compete with another 3 colleges from our University. The recruitment process consisted of a presentation, followed by a written test. The candidates shortlisted for interview were called the next day at the Symantec Campus at Banner. The written was highly technical consisting of questions from Operating Systems, Databases, Computer Networks, Graph Theory, Permutations & Combination, Logical Puzzles, etc. So review the basics of all these subject before appearing for the test. The company personnel conducting the interview were very open and cool. The next day there were 2 technical interviews followed by an HR/Personality interview.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!

Symantec Videos

Symantec – Why Work for Us?

​​What do Symantec employees have in common? We are passionate about what we do and contribute to something really important! We protect the world’s digital information and interactions. At Symantec, you will enjoy an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symantec Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Symantec employees and interview candidates.