Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec
- Software Engineer (37)
- Senior Software Engineer (34)
- Associate Software Engineer (19)
- Intern (15)
- Principal Software Engineer (15)
- Technical Support Engineer (12)
- Software Engineer Intern (12)
- Senior Manager (7)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (7)
- SQA Engineer (6)
- Associate SQA Engineer (6)
- Senior SQA Engineer (5)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (5)
- Software Developer (5)
- Sales Manager (4)
- SQA (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Sales Specialist (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- Senior Systems Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior Product Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Sales Engineer (3)
- Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (2)
- Senior Director (2)
- Senior Engineering Manager (2)
Software Developer Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Symantec (Chennai (India)) in September 2012.
These ppl had 3 tech n 1 HR round.. Written was difficult with negative markings. So better attend only those ques yu are very sure . Technical rounds concentrated mainly on OS,DBMS n cryptography. Ppl were friendly. Finally they gave norton anti virus to the selecte candidates...
- Significance of number 4 in silberschatz OS book..??!! ratio of physical to secondary memory is 1:4 it seems Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Symantec
Software Developer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)).
A C++ in depth technical test along with some problem solving questions
- Some very tricky C questions - there are geeks in teh company from IIT who ask really touch questions. Answer Question
Software Developer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.
First phone interview was with project manager who asked around 10-12 objective type questions covering topic like OOPS, Software Engineering, Operating system etc.Second round was 3 hr virtual interview with the entire team consisting of three people using internet.
Software Development InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in February 2011.
Symantec came to our college for placement through pool campus in which we had to compete with another 3 colleges from our University. The recruitment process consisted of a presentation, followed by a written test. The candidates shortlisted for interview were called the next day at the Symantec Campus at Banner. The written was highly technical consisting of questions from Operating Systems, Databases, Computer Networks, Graph Theory, Permutations & Combination, Logical Puzzles, etc. So review the basics of all these subject before appearing for the test. The company personnel conducting the interview were very open and cool. The next day there were 2 technical interviews followed by an HR/Personality interview.
Software Developer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Symantec.
Applied through a career fair at university.
- Basic C++ questions, mainly to check if I knew the fundamental concepts of C++. Answer Question
Software Developer InterviewNo Offer
1.Written Test(mainly of aptitude)
2.Technical interview(3 rounds)
- Common ancestor,connect the nodes in each level Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review