Symantec

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Symantec in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university portal.

Interview Questions

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Through career fair. Went to their office and had two interviews. One with the manager and other with 2 engineers. It wasn't very technical.

Interview Question – Nothing really that technical. Mostly behavorial stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern, I couldn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – I visited Symantec at my University's career fair and Symantec contacted me 3 weeks later for an interview. The interview was about 40 minutes long with a very few technical questions as I was just a sophomore in college. They were just trying to get a feel for me.

Interview Question – Just a simple coding problem. Really just trying to see if you understand loops, outputs, and remainders.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Online Application
Phone Screen
On-site Interview with 2 rounds, 2 interviewer each

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview

Interview Question – How will you call C code from C++ code?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Symantec in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview and on-site interview

Interview Question – Java questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not yet.

Very Easy Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in February 2013.

Interview Details – Invited to onsite interview without phone screens. I changed it to two skype interviews because I did't have time to travel. Some technical questions regarding Java (OOP) , networking and unix command for the first one and behavior questions for the second one. No coding questions are asked. The interviewers are both hiring managers.

Interview Question – when you create a socket, what's in the parameter? Why Java needs interface?   Answer Question

Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in December 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume to a university recruitment website. Had one campus interview- fairly simple conceptual questions about object oriented programming in C and java. Moved on to four on-site interviews. First two were technical, second was personal, and last was mainly conceptual about multithreading. Interviewers and university recruitment staff were friendly- accepted an offer in Culver City.

Interview Question – Various questions about multithreading and processes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate since the offer was reasonable and competitive.

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in April 2012.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at career fair on campus, had an interview questions then and there.
Got a call from recruiter a few weeks later, had onsite interview
Basic questions, encouraging to think...not to complex, nice people, talked nicely
Recruiter was fast to get back in tough with details
Accepted offer because got fast response from recruiter

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter contacted after interview, made a fair offer, compensation was above average.
So, didn't negotiate

Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in November 2012.

Interview Details – I first interacted with Symantec at a career fair at my university. I spoke to one of the reps present, left my resume, and received a phone call several weeks later asking to set up a hone interview. The phone interview was a technical screening that focused on programming concepts and past projects. About a week later, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by three people - the first two were mostly technical, with some personal questions, and the third was largely soft questions. I left not really knowing how I did, but they called next day to make me an offer.

Interview Question – Questions relating to processing char* into c++ strings and creating a vector   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made a very good offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!

Symantec Videos

Symantec – Why Work for Us?

​​What do Symantec employees have in common? We are passionate about what we do and contribute to something really important! We protect the world’s digital information and interactions. At Symantec, you will enjoy an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symantec Software Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Symantec employees and interview candidates.