Symantec Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Symantec (Roseville, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position through reference. The first call was from the manager for initial screening then was called for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was with the team I was going to work for - senior arch, manager and the other team members. They asked questions related to my previous work experience and resume highlights. It was pretty easy. The decision was made within a week as i had another offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming questions, experience and behavioral type questions.. Quite easy.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. Got a call for technical interview initially. After that had another round of technical interview. Finally a HR round. The whole process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were specific to the team I was being interviewed for 1. Basic java and C++ ( checked vs unchecked exception, usage of volatile keyword ) 2. Multithreading related questions 3. Singleton design pattern 4. Multiprocessor related scenario based question 5. Question from the resume - mostly about previous projects 6. Security related questions - virus, worms, IDS, firewall   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

totally 2 rounds of telephone interview, first round is just something about resume, the interviewer asked some question about my project design and detail. No programming questions. Second round is of some programming questions and some concept questions about OO programming, hashtable and etc, both rounds are about half hour. On average the interview is not so difficult and the people are nice and very easy to talk to. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between hashmap and hashtable   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR called and set up a phone interview then was called for onsite. There were 3 onsite interview 1. Coding interview where they asked to do tree traversal 2. Coding interview where they made me do directory traversal 3. Testing interview where I was given a scenario which I had to write test cases for

Negotiation

They gave me 10000 more than I asked but in Stocks

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed in September 2010. Had a phone interview. The interviewer was nice to talk to. Started with a discussion of project mentioned on my resume. Asked basic questions about C coding such as static variables, auto variables, register variables. Stack vs heap. Memory allocation. Structure vs union. Ended with a brief discussion of the position.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

They gave me an interview from a career Fair, a month or so later i received an email that was fairly badly written asking for an interview. I went and they asked about conversion of mb to KB and pb and a method that could do it. Also asked about the Fibonacci sequence. Nice environment and people, seemed very business like.

Interview Questions

• Fibonacci recursively and iteratively   Answer Question
    • What is java brief down into before it's compiled?   1 Answer
    • Convert kilobytes, megabytes, bytes and petabytes to each other from user input of size of data   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Symantec in February 2014.

Interview

The process was quite straightforward. I had 3 telephonic interviews. The first one was the Hiring Manager round followed by two technical rounds of interview. The whole process took around a week. The recruiter was nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• 1. Basic java and C++ questions 2. Multithreading related questions 3. Resume based questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Interview

I applied at a job fair. They contacted me back in about 1 month for one of the security teams. I had to go through a lot of hoops in terms of contacting HR. They were not very responsive in terms of returning e-mails.

Interview Questions

• During the interview they ask a lot of questions relating to hash maps, trees etc, some algorithms stuff and well experience you have.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec in January 2014.

Interview

On-campus interview. Questions on implementing fibonacci and palindrome. Then a couple of questions on recursion vs. iteration and memory allocation in C++.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I talked to one of their recruiting representatives at the univ career fair, and then after three weeks, I got a call from one of the hiring manager requesting for an on-site interview. On the interview day, I meet 6 persons including the hiring manger, half an hour for each interviewer. They mainly asked project experience from the resume and coding problems. Some of them also asked about some system design questions and brain teaser questions. I followed up after two weeks, no one replied my email.

Interview Questions

• a system design question about client and server design and the speed limits. You need to consider both the hardware part and software part, also need to know some virtualization techs.   Answer Question