Symantec

Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.1

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in February 2009.

Everything moved very quickly. Manager was very motivated and lobbied for higher money and perm position. One phone interview and then a site visit meeting with 3 pairs of people. All very nice. People, office and culture are nice. Have an office which is rare in Silicon Valley.

Interview Questions
Received considerably higher rate than initially offered, but I am experienced and know the value of what I bring. manager lobbied for a permanent position, because that was my preference. However, company eliminated all employee slots so a contract was all that was available.

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Symantec in July 2008.

This was a fairly standard Silicon Valley software engineer interview. First, a general chat with the recruiter about past experiences and my skillset. Then, an interview with several engineers who asked more technical questions about data structures and algorithms. As part of the interview, I had to write code (C, Java, or pseudo-code) on the whiteboard or a piece of paper.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in November 2007.

There was no phone screen as my resume made it to the compnay thro' a recruiter who had talked to me over phone. I'd 2 sessions on 2 different days on 1:1 interviews with 3 people on each of the days - each person interviewed me for approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Linked list related problem don't remember the full details   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Got shortlisted in there written test in campus, the test consist of mainly data-structures basics, algorithm, OS etc. and then 2 technical interview and 1 HR interview were conducted in Pune office.
    1st technical interview was on basic knowledge of algorithm, OS, data-structures and 2nd on projects and programming knowledge.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview process was long around 5 rounds 1-written, 3-technical and 1 HR. HR round was not that great as salary negotiation was not that good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec in October 2013.

Recruiter called me for the telephonic round.

Software Engineering Interview

Contacted by hiring manager after posting my CV, first call then on site meeting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec in March 2013.

Two Interview:
    1)Coding -> Higher Level
    2)C/C++ basics

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec in May 2012.

Hiring manager called and then scheduled, asked some c++ and operating system question, also asked past experience about c++.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Symantec in February 2012.

The phone interview was very cool.But in the f2f they asked very usual scenarios in programming which you will not face.

Interview Questions
    • In one method u will create a hash map and put values and send it to other method. But in the other method you will not find a value for a key.Then how do you debug. They also asked logical question like puzzles.   View Answer