Symantec Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Symantec (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Through career fair. Went to their office and had two interviews. One with the manager and other with 2 engineers. It wasn't very technical.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really that technical. Mostly behavorial stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an intern, I couldn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through university portal.

Interview Questions

• Explain and code the Philosophers Problem.   1 Answer
    • Reverse a string.   Answer Question
    • Example & usage of virtual keyword in C/C++.   1 Answer
    • Example of operation overloading in C++   Answer Question
    • How would you explain in a class about Garbage Collection in Java. Show a code comparison with C++.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

I visited Symantec at my University's career fair and Symantec contacted me 3 weeks later for an interview. The interview was about 40 minutes long with a very few technical questions as I was just a sophomore in college. They were just trying to get a feel for me.

Interview Questions

• Just a simple coding problem. Really just trying to see if you understand loops, outputs, and remainders.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Online Application Phone Screen On-site Interview with 2 rounds, 2 interviewer each

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in March 2013.

Interview

One phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and on-site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not yet.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Invited to onsite interview without phone screens. I changed it to two skype interviews because I did't have time to travel. Some technical questions regarding Java (OOP) , networking and unix command for the first one and behavior questions for the second one. No coding questions are asked. The interviewers are both hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• when you create a socket, what's in the parameter? Why Java needs interface?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume to a university recruitment website. Had one campus interview- fairly simple conceptual questions about object oriented programming in C and java. Moved on to four on-site interviews. First two were technical, second was personal, and last was mainly conceptual about multithreading. Interviewers and university recruitment staff were friendly- accepted an offer in Culver City.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate since the offer was reasonable and competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I first interacted with Symantec at a career fair at my university. I spoke to one of the reps present, left my resume, and received a phone call several weeks later asking to set up a hone interview. The phone interview was a technical screening that focused on programming concepts and past projects. About a week later, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by three people - the first two were mostly technical, with some personal questions, and the third was largely soft questions. I left not really knowing how I did, but they called next day to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to processing char* into c++ strings and creating a vector   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a very good offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Met the recruiter at career fair on campus, had an interview questions then and there. Got a call from recruiter a few weeks later, had onsite interview Basic questions, encouraging to think...not to complex, nice people, talked nicely Recruiter was fast to get back in tough with details Accepted offer because got fast response from recruiter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter contacted after interview, made a fair offer, compensation was above average. So, didn't negotiate