Symantec

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec in May 2013.

Interview Details – Single phone interview after sending email in. Phone interview was pleasant, interviewer was receptive to emails, but I never heard back from the company.

Interview Question – Very interested in my specific skill-set and where that would fit into their current needs, as opposed to hiring for general competency.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview and onsite interview by manager. He asked me language of choice and I said Java so he continued to ask me Java questions. First started with basic questions like difference between final finally, and finalize, and then did coding questions on paper. The manager was really nice in discussing my solutions.

Interview Question – How does Java garbage collection work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!