Symantec

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Symantec in February 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter worked quickly to set up a phone screenings and an onsite interview. Everything was pretty standard in terms of questioning. Coding exercises, basic demonstrations and verbal descriptions of software solutions was chiefly the way to go. The team that I interviewed with was very supportive too. Overall, it was very pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing really worth mentioning. =)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Basically, my desired compensation was not matched. Pretty disappointing but no hard feelings about it all.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

Interview Details – First I got the chance to speak to two students currently on placement with the company, who were there to relax me and answer any questions I had. This was not part of the interview.

I was then taken in for my interview with one line manager and one senior manager. They asked me questions about my CV along with a few others, but nothing particularly difficult. They explained the available roles to me and asked which I would be most interested in.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Just be sure you are able to go into depth about your CV.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1.Shortlisting of Resume
2. First round of interview semi technical
3. 2nd round of interview technical
4. HR round non technical and salary

Interview Question – Technical question based on Hardware of computer RAM/Window OS
Difference between 64bit ans 32 bit OS .
  Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in November 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call from Recruiter and attended telephonic as first round. About the project and role were asked in telephonic.
Second round was taken by couple of enginners asked about architectures and some automation based questions.
Third round was again technical asked about some linux commands followed bu db concepts. Final round was with manager, it was cool

Interview Question – Asked to write a program in java to extract portion of log file by searching with a keyword   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!

Symantec Videos

Symantec – Why Work for Us?

​​What do Symantec employees have in common? We are passionate about what we do and contribute to something really important! We protect the world’s digital information and interactions. At Symantec, you will enjoy an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symantec Software Quality Assurance Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Symantec employees and interview candidates.