Symantec Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015

3.2

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

It was a 2 hour interview. They asked about basics of Quality Assurance and problems related to it. They gave a real life scenario and asked me how I would test the surroundings in that scenario. They asked me to test the room lights using various scenarios.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiters asked to provide timelines for in-house interview and was not replying for 9 days. Looks like recruiters at Symantec are very busy. Finally after interview was scheduled, i had to wait between interviewers for 25 min first time, and 15 min second time. Didn't look like they are actually want me there at all.

Interview Questions

• None unexpected. I asked question what do they like at Symantec, and no one could say even one positive thing - not about company, or work they do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The recruiter worked quickly to set up a phone screenings and an onsite interview. Everything was pretty standard in terms of questioning. Coding exercises, basic demonstrations and verbal descriptions of software solutions was chiefly the way to go. The team that I interviewed with was very supportive too. Overall, it was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Basically, my desired compensation was not matched. Pretty disappointing but no hard feelings about it all.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

1.Shortlisting of Resume
    2. First round of interview semi technical
    3. 2nd round of interview technical
    4. HR round non technical and salary

Interview Questions

• Technical question based on Hardware of computer RAM/Window OS
      Difference between 64bit ans 32 bit OS .

Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

Interview

First I got the chance to speak to two students currently on placement with the company, who were there to relax me and answer any questions I had. This was not part of the interview.

I was then taken in for my interview with one line manager and one senior manager. They asked me questions about my CV along with a few others, but nothing particularly difficult. They explained the available roles to me and asked which I would be most interested in.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Just be sure you are able to go into depth about your CV.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Bangalore (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

Got a call from Recruiter and attended telephonic as first round. About the project and role were asked in telephonic.
    Second round was taken by couple of enginners asked about architectures and some automation based questions.
    Third round was again technical asked about some linux commands followed bu db concepts. Final round was with manager, it was cool

Interview Questions

• Asked to write a program in java to extract portion of log file by searching with a keyword   Answer Question