Symantec

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied summer intern in my university's career fair. I got contacted couple of days later. I went to their company for an interview. It's basically about what they are doing testing me how I feel about it and what possible way I could improve it. Later one SDE asked two simple algorithm questions and one OOP question.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2013.

Interview Details – Appeared for an on-campus (USC) interview. Was called for 2 on-site interviews (Culver City office) about 2 weeks later. Interviewer was very friendly; started with a brief overview of the position and then began the technical questions. Mostly implementation of OOPS concepts and questions involving string and array manipulation.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to print the directory structure/hierarchy. A directory may or may not contain files or sub-directories.   Answer Question
  • Explain polymorphism and virtual functions. Implement them with an example.   Answer Question
  • Write program to remove duplicate characters from a string. Optimize it. Give different strategies to approach the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was good enough, and they said I could also continue the internship beyond the designated 3 months (i.e along with my next semester as a co-op) if I wanted.

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!