Symantec

Symantec Summer Intern Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Symantec in May 2013.

I applied summer intern in my university's career fair. I got contacted couple of days later. I went to their company for an interview. It's basically about what they are doing testing me how I feel about it and what possible way I could improve it. Later one SDE asked two simple algorithm questions and one OOP question.

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in March 2013.

Appeared for an on-campus (USC) interview. Was called for 2 on-site interviews (Culver City office) about 2 weeks later. Interviewer was very friendly; started with a brief overview of the position and then began the technical questions. Mostly implementation of OOPS concepts and questions involving string and array manipulation.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to print the directory structure/hierarchy. A directory may or may not contain files or sub-directories.   Answer Question
    • Explain polymorphism and virtual functions. Implement them with an example.   Answer Question
    • Write program to remove duplicate characters from a string. Optimize it. Give different strategies to approach the problem.   Answer Question
    Salary was good enough, and they said I could also continue the internship beyond the designated 3 months (i.e along with my next semester as a co-op) if I wanted.