Symantec Technical Support Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Software Engineer (27)
- Senior Software Engineer (26)
- Associate Software Engineer (15)
- Software Engineer Intern (12)
- Technical Support Engineer (10)
- Principal Software Engineer (9)
- Intern (8)
- Senior Manager (6)
- SQA Engineer (5)
- Software Developer (5)
- Associate SQA Engineer (5)
- Engineering (4)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (4)
- SQA (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (3)
- Senior Systems Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (3)
- Senior SQA Engineer (2)
- Software Intern (2)
- Senior Product Manager (2)
- Principal Program Manager (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Senior Java Developer (2)
- Technical Support (2)
- Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (2)
- Senior Director (2)
Technical Support Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec.
Interview Details – If chosen for an interview, one of your immediate supervisors will contact you for a phone interview. The questions are to test your technical aptitude but don't feel bad if you can't answer all of them, they are there to measure you. If you can answer all of them while keeping a friendly and positive conversation, you will certainly hear back.
Step 2 involves a recruiter calling you back within a couple of weeks to ask if you are "still interested." Congratulations! At this point, you already have the job, You will never meet this person and if the first supervisor likes you, you are already hired (if you pass the background check).
Accept the offer and fill out the forms. Make a good impression with the supervisors and show them that you can find an answer, even if you don't know the answer, and be a TEAM PLAYER.
Interview Question – 1. What is the wow64 folder?
2. What is a kernel?
3. Why is a manhole cover round? View Answers (2)
Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation whatsoever. Your salary, work schedule, and benefit structure are assigned to you.
Technical Support Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Symantec in July 2011.
Interview Details – There were three rounds of telephonic interview by 3 different interviewers to test french language skills, followed by one 1:1 interview, which was done by the Regional manager and the associate hiring manager.
Interview Question – What are the challenges you see working in an IT culture in comparison with your previous profile of teaching? Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec