Symantec

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Mountain View, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec in January 2008.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first. They asked questions based on my resume - things like what I had worked on and whether I was comfortable with the tools that they used. This was followed by an in-person interview with their documentation managers. The interviews were more detailed and covered the specifics of my background and experience.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation that you faced at work?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Symantec in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on a job portal and I received a call from the HR. The following day we had a written round. All those who cleared the written round went through two rounds of interview the same day. 3 days later I was called for the interview by the manager, which was the last technical interview. After which there was the HR round which was solely the salary based discussion.

Interview Question – A few questions regarding English grammar.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as such. I was offered what I asked for.

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!