Symbian

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Symbian in November 2008.

Interview Details – around 5 rounds of interview on in depth knowledge of C++ and algorithms.,
Logical and functional knowledge is one more criteria.

Interview Question – mostly on linked lists   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good package and benefits

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Symbian.

Interview Details – Entire process was fast and 3 round o interviews scheduled on a same day. First round was technical interview by panel, followed by Engineering Manager and finally by HR. Offer was made on the sopt.

Interview Question – Design patterns overview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation did not work out, but it was a good offer.

Principal Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symbian in October 2009.

Interview Details – Basically consisted of 3 rounds. 1) 1:1 technical round (in depth check of C++, OS concepts, Design skills) 2) Behavioral round with a Senior Manager 3) HR round (expectations and offer)

Interview Question – Tech Lead role play   View Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Graduate Software Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symbian in January 2008.

Interview Details – Online application to Graduate Scheme
1 day Assessment Centre including 3 numberical/verbal/logical tests, and 1:2 interview with engineers about technical questions, quite simple.

Interview Question – Why Symbian   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Symbian in March 2008.

Interview Details – I was given presentation about Symbian in the morning.
Then after lunch, 2 Intelligence Tests followed by 1:1 interview, most about technical questions.
Here are the questions I can remember:
Please explained Hashtable, when to use it, what's the benefit of it?
What's LinkList? What is it good for? What is it bad for? Basicly compare it to fixed array
What sorting algorithms do you know? A few big O are asked.
Then I was shown a few sections of code to rectify bugs. One of the code is trying to revert the content in an array. Can't remember what's wrong with it exactly.

Interview Question – Tell me your experience working in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Symbian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symbian interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Symbian employees and interview candidates.