Symbian Interview Questions

3.2

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Symbian (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Entire process was fast and 3 round o interviews scheduled on a same day. First round was technical interview by panel, followed by Engineering Manager and finally by HR. Offer was made on the sopt.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation did not work out, but it was a good offer.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symbian (Bangalore (India)) in October 2009.

Interview

Basically consisted of 3 rounds. 1) 1:1 technical round (in depth check of C++, OS concepts, Design skills) 2) Behavioral round with a Senior Manager 3) HR round (expectations and offer)

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Symbian (Bangalore (India)) in November 2008.

Interview

around 5 rounds of interview on in depth knowledge of C++ and algorithms.,
    Logical and functional knowledge is one more criteria.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

good package and benefits

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Symbian (London, England (UK)) in March 2008.

Interview

I was given presentation about Symbian in the morning.
    Then after lunch, 2 Intelligence Tests followed by 1:1 interview, most about technical questions.
    Here are the questions I can remember:
    Please explained Hashtable, when to use it, what's the benefit of it?
    What's LinkList? What is it good for? What is it bad for? Basicly compare it to fixed array
    What sorting algorithms do you know? A few big O are asked.
    Then I was shown a few sections of code to rectify bugs. One of the code is trying to revert the content in an array. Can't remember what's wrong with it exactly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience working in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Symbian (London, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Online application to Graduate Scheme
    1 day Assessment Centre including 3 numberical/verbal/logical tests, and 1:2 interview with engineers about technical questions, quite simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable