Symcor

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mail Wholesale Lockbox Processor Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and interviewed at Symcor.

Interview Details – I enjoyed learned the great cultures of the company.

Interview Question – If you currently work in Tinley Park, how do you plan on working here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everything was affordable, so I didnt have to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

WFA Analyst - Summer Intern Interview

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Symcor.

Interview Details – One Round interview:
- HR and a Manager will interview you at the same time.
- Manager will ask the technical questions and the HR will ask behavioural questions

Interview Question – What is a time where you had an issue when working with a team, and what did you do to resolve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, there is a fixed rate for summer interns

Proof Operator Interview

Proof Operator

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Symcor.

Interview Details – One interview at duke tower. normal interview questions. past work experience and in the end ask do u have any questions for them? took two weeks for background check. they are always lacking of ppl cause the turnover rate is so high. Nowadays they require the speed test on the numeric keypads, but it is easy

Interview Question – nothing special   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Senior Applications Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Symcor.

Interview Details – One interview lasting 30 minutes, one interviewer asking soft questions such as previous work experience, the other interviewer asking questions based on known programming languages (Java, C# or C depending on what you are proficient in) and database theory. Interviewers were generally polite and not intimidating.

Interview Question – Asked to draw a diagram depicting the role of a foreign key, relatively straight forward.   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Support Analyst
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symcor.

Interview Details – Called very quickly after my resume was submitted. Soft skills interview via phone. Interview scheduled several days later. Lots of questions during an hour long interview with the hiring manager and an HR Representative. Was told I had the position 2 weeks later. Salary was more than what I was expecting. Credit check and reference check required.

Interview Question – All questions asked were pretty typical   Answer Question

Process Engineer II Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Symcor in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long and Tedious

Interview Question – How do you deal with strong willed managers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Senior Project Manager Interview

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Symcor in July 2008.

Interview Details – I was referred to SYmcor via a consulting firm. I wnet through 2 interviews each consisting of 2 senior hiring managers. I was then contacted by Symcor HR and asked to come in and review and sign the 'Employment Contract'

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was good but stacjked in favour of SYmcor. The employment contract was very specific and if you didn't agree then you didn't get the position. The oly real difficulty was trying to negotiate addition al vacation time. They were not flexible with this at all.

Tape Specialist Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Symcor in November 2008.

Interview Details – As an employee of Symor and a former temporary employee of this department I was contacted by the Department Manager who had reviewed my record in this department and a job offer was made to me.An interview was processed by the hiring manager who was impressed with my knowledge of the job and a job offer was made to me

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – A request was made to change the present shifts from eight hours a day to twelve hours a day and I agreed .At this time I asked the manager to upgrade the position and a week later it was approved by Human Resources.When a job offer has been made to you, you must negotiate to get what is in the best interest for you as you may not have it done for you.

Insertion Manager Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symcor in April 2008.

Interview Details – At the time, the process was quite simple as the right people were in place to hear the proposal and do the interviews. This was during a time that the company was growing in leaps and bounds. It started with an idea, followed by a couple of proposals/presentations, and finally 2 interviews with the plant manager and 1 interview with the General Manager

Interview Question – How will this move benefit the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was quite simple as I received exactly what I was asking for

Architect Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Symcor in February 2011.

Interview Details – Seems like an interesting place...

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Symcor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symcor interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Symcor employees and interview candidates.