Symcor

3.2

Mail Wholesale Lockbox Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Symcor.

I enjoyed learned the great cultures of the company.

Interview Questions
    • If you currently work in Tinley Park, how do you plan on working here?   Answer Question
    Everything was affordable, so I didnt have to negotiate.

Data Entry (Proof) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Don Mills, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Don Mills, ON (Canada)

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Symcor in December 2014.

I applied online. Someone from HR emailed me to take an online ten key typing test. After she found my results satisfactory, she scheduled me for an actual test at their Don Mills office location.

Applications Developer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Symcor.

I got a call from the HR and asked me question about my experience, salary expectation... the phone call was les than 15min. 2 days after I got a call from the HR inviting me for an interview with the hiring manager for the next day. I was 15 min early as it should be, the manager didn't ask me anything about my previous experience or technical questions or what I know and started to ask a series of different possible situations, for example:
    - I just assigned to fix an issue and I am very late for a meeting, you have only 3 questions to ask me, what will be?
    - Tell me about a difficult situation you handled in the past and how did you deal with it?
    ...
    It was for me very difficult, I think at one point the interviewer did stop asking and just told me: that would be all. Thank you for coming.
    it was very hard on me

Interview Questions
    • - You got assigned to a new project that you know nothing about it, tell me 3 questions that you will ask each of the support person, the end user and the project manager?

Answer Question

Proof Operator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Symcor in July 2014.

Applied online, received an email from the recruiter a week later and she asked me to do a typing speed test and to answer a couple questions. She then scheduled me for an interview which consisted of a test to measure my speed on the machine and if I passed that, I would be interviewed. I went in for the test, the workplace seemed very boring but I didn't really expect much more. Unfortunately I didn't pass the test, the machine was pretty strange to use and we were given about 5 minutes to adjust to it.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to proof about 100 cheques within a time limit. It required very good speed and very little error   Answer Question

WFA Analyst - Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Symcor.

One Round interview:
    - HR and a Manager will interview you at the same time.
    - Manager will ask the technical questions and the HR will ask behavioural questions

Interview Questions
    • What is a time where you had an issue when working with a team, and what did you do to resolve it?   View Answer
    No negotiations, there is a fixed rate for summer interns

Proof Operator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Symcor.

One interview at duke tower. normal interview questions. past work experience and in the end ask do u have any questions for them? took two weeks for background check. they are always lacking of ppl cause the turnover rate is so high. Nowadays they require the speed test on the numeric keypads, but it is easy

Senior Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symcor.

One interview lasting 30 minutes, one interviewer asking soft questions such as previous work experience, the other interviewer asking questions based on known programming languages (Java, C# or C depending on what you are proficient in) and database theory. Interviewers were generally polite and not intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to draw a diagram depicting the role of a foreign key, relatively straight forward.   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symcor.

Called very quickly after my resume was submitted. Soft skills interview via phone. Interview scheduled several days later. Lots of questions during an hour long interview with the hiring manager and an HR Representative. Was told I had the position 2 weeks later. Salary was more than what I was expecting. Credit check and reference check required.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Symcor in February 2011.

Seems like an interesting place...

Process Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Symcor in January 2010.

Long and Tedious

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with strong willed managers?   View Answer
    No Negotiation