Symmetricom Interview Questions

2.0

Human Resources Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Symmetricom.

The process was quick and efficient. I submitted my application and resume. A few days later, a recruited contacted me to schedule a time for a phone screen. The recruiter was awesome, very professional and straight to the point.

Shortly after that I was invited in for a first round interview. A few days later, came in for the second interview. Their background checking process was also efficient. The offer came shortly after that.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Symmetricom in April 2013.

The process was three phone interviews. I had an interview with the engineering manager and HR representative and the hiring manager. They were very nice but no technical questions were asked. Very straightforward, no hard questions. Oddly enough the hiring manager only asked me one question which indicated to me I probably wasn't going to get the offer.

Director of Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Symmetricom.

I joined a newly formed group, hence this may not match exactly the process for other groups. The interview process was professional and efficient - it lasted two days (consecutive weeks). I met with all the senior management and some of the team that I will have. The interview ranged from deeply technical (details about large scale system design, programming language/OS specifics) to more strategic (product strategy, team building methodology). After the second round, I received the offer in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a 6 month plan to introduce a new technology and product to challenge the market leader.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Symmetricom in March 2013.

1-2 Technical Phone Interviews, An all day face to face with 5-6 different people. Face to face HR at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Not too much difficult. Will test your confidence thoroughly with the achievements you have had in the past. Couple of them got questions. One of them was thorough enough to have markd everythign in the resume and ask about it.   Answer Question

Not a good a package for the position. And secondly, company does not have any good plans for any kind of advancement in the future. No chances of growth.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Symmetricom in March 2013.

Started with an human resource phone interview. The human resource lady collected all the necessary data. Then she arranged a technical interview with hiring manager. He asked some simple questions related to C basics(volatile, priority inverse etc). Then he asked my availability for onsite interview. Then they changed their mind and put a couple of more phone interviews. (suspicious). One was again with technical guy and the other was with director. Then finally decided to invite for an onsite interview.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Symmetricom in February 2011.

Interview process in fast. For a Technician job, they asked you about schematics diagrams, board components, test equipment.

Interview Questions
    • None. There was no games. It was just questions about doing the actual job.   Answer Question

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Hardware Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Symmetricom in March 2012.

it was easy and had to give 2 phone interview for summer intern position.

Interview Questions
    • question about your resume and related projects?   View Answer

Technical Writing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Symmetricom in May 2011.

I was originally contacted by the Intern Coordinator and then connected with my Hiring Manager, who eventually was my manager, and the two writers on staff. The questions mainly concerned my impending degree, my plans for after the summer (grad school) and my experience at former internships. We also discussed the period in which I was available to work and the benefits offered to interns (relocation package and housing stipend).

Interview Questions
    • Question related to my certificate in technical communications and the skills on my resumé   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Symmetricom in August 2010.

each interview experience was neutral to positive, however the number of starts and stops and the length of time it took the company to make a final decision was not at all positive - 8 months is extraordinary.

Software Engineer Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site interview. Questions on C programming - finer details like bit manipulation, dynamic memory allocation, pointers etc. Was asked to write code for a very simple problem. Although solution was not difficult, interviewee is expected to think about worst case run times, cases where an exception will be thrown or result might not be computed correctly, and address them in the code.

Interview Questions

Worked for Symmetricom? Contribute to the Community!