Symrise

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern EMEA Sales Interview

Intern EMEA Sales

I applied in-person and interviewed at Symrise.

Interview Details – Recruiter

Interview Question – Tell me about your previous employment   Answer Question

Vice President Sales Interview

Vice President Sales
Teterboro, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Symrise in May 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was with two hiring managers, half hour each. This was fairly traditional and I didn't get a good feel for the company at this point. It probably didn't help that I was at a competitor in a competitive position.
My second interview lasted 3 hours, with another senior manager. I connected well with this person, and learned what I needed to know to assess the opportunity.
The whole process moved very quickly; they make up their minds and move. Indicative of decisive leadership which has turned out to be the case.

Interview Question – Questions were very job specific, cannot be posted   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate a better salary and benefits (vacation); it's always good to know the industry and have benchmarks available.

Very Easy Interview

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Symrise in January 2008.

Interview Details – They were looking for an intern and I applied, everyone there were eager to teach me how to do things, after a brief period I got to leader a couple projects supervised by my immediate boss, she liked my work and then, after 6 months when someone left for a better opportunity, i got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 5 qualities and 5 defects you have   Answer Question
  • Why should I hire you? I mean, you know there are more people interviewing for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, as this was my first job, and the pay was more than 4 times what I was making as an intern, I didn't really hesitate. They told me what my job description was, how I should work from then and on and I just started. At the beginning it was a bit hard, but then within days I felt at home.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Symrise? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symrise interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Symrise employees and interview candidates.