Synapse Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Associate Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Synapse Group

Interview Details – Dealt with HR representative first. Initial phone interview with the HR rep. Then called in to interview. Two back-to-back sessions with hiring manager and one additional person. Traditional behavioral questions, expected to ask insightful questions about company/industry. Be prepared to do some simple P&L math.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Synapse Group.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career portal and was notified of an on-campus interview around a week later. There were two interviewers and the interview was about 30 minutes long with 15 minutes for questions. The atmosphere was relaxed. There were no tests, just basic questions ranging from high school experience to internships.

Interview Question – Tell me about your high school experiences and what you were like in high school   Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Front End Web Developer
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Synapse Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through Time Inc. website in December 2013. Got HR's email one week later. We scheduled a time for a quick 30-min call about my background. The HR is very nice and very polite. After the call, she arranged for me with a F2F interview in Stamford one week later. I took train to Stamford and then a cab to the company. I talked to the director for an hour at first. She is very nice and smiling at all time which makes interview atmosphere very comfortable. She went through every item in my resume and made me talk about every related project that I have done. After that, I had a half an hour talk with the VP, mostly talking about the company's business and about me. Two weeks later, they moved forward to the next step. They emailed me a programming assessment about using javascript to solve a problem. It is very easy, maybe it's because they are looking for a junior guy. Sent the answer back and got the positive feedback in the next week. The legal team took a long time for working on my work authorization. Finally, It took two weeks and a half for them to give me the offer, and I thought only because I told them that I got another offer from another company that made them quicker. I negotiated twice and took their offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. What is the most difficult situation you met in work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a number first, I negotiated with another offer in hand. They raised. Then one day later, the other company raised too. Then I told Synapse, and they matched the raise.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Merchandise Coordinator
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Synapse Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was so excited to be to be able to interview with this company. My first interview was with the director of HR. She was amazingly informative and such a delight to interview. She made me feel very comfortable so it seemed more like a casual conversation than an interview. After a few days, I was invited back for a second interview with the Director of operations; very nice man. This interview wasn't too much more difficult. It seemed like during both interviews, they were trying to get a good feel for the proper fit with the company and team. He asked questions like "What is the most substantial thing you learned at your last two positions". Unfortunately it took them a whole month to decide that they were keeping the temp they had been working with.

Interview Question – What was the most substantial thing you learned from your last position?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Synapse Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – I met with five or six people. They all had true interview questions, (strengths, weaknesses, what are you looking for, etc.) and some were a more casual atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – not really able to negotiate. no wiggle room at all.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Synapse Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synapse Group interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Synapse Group employees and interview candidates.