Synchronoss

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

IT Director of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Synchronoss in April 2011.

This position was developed to add additional Directors for areas in the IT department. I spoke to the CIO and VP of IT and both were very nice and interesting gentlemen. I enjoyed speaking with both of them particularly the CIO. After a phone interview with each I was invited for a face to face interview.
The 1 on 1 with the VP of IT went well and we had a nice conversation. Then I interviewed with the current director of IT. He started speed questioning me about technical problems that would have no relevance to a director level position (I did know the answers). He asked an impossible scenario question and after every answer I gave he would reply “what if that is not good enough” to the point where I did not know how to respond. This guy was unprofessional, totally unprepared and obviously defending his turf. I can’t imagine working with this guy and feel bad for those who report to him. He obviously cannot handle customer service. He also went on and on about how he works 80 hours a week and that was expected in that department. He was obviously a tech guy with zero management or delegation skills, but I’m sure he is a hard worker. I would stay away from an IT infrastructure position with this company unless you want to work all the time for a poor director.

I was actually relieved when I hear they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a VP cam in the room yelling that a system was down. What would you do? Followed by What if that is not good enough after each response.   Answer Question
  • How do you physically install Sql Server. (not sure what physically means)   Answer Question