Synchronoss

Synchronoss Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

Business Analyst Interview

Internal HR recruiter was a dream to work with. Three phone interviews before offer. Took about three to four weeks in total. There as a little room to negotiate salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Synchronoss.

applied online, got easy interview

User Interface Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Synchronoss in June 2012.

Was contacted about 3 hours after submitting my resumé. Initial contact was via phone and lasted for about 45 minutes to an hour. This process is one I respect because I understand wanting to start vetting candidates before the employer wastes their time and request that someone for a one-to-one only to find out they're not qualified.

Once passing the phone test, I was brought in for a panel interview with the dept. manager and peers in said department. Interview lasted about 1 hour with various technical and overview type questions.

Interview Questions
    • No surprises, really. Everything covered was what I expected an employer to inquire about regarding the field of expertise applied for. Some people have tripped over surprise hurdles in interviews, however the management and peers were specific about what they wanted and I was please to not get any surprise questions.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was painless and fair.

IT Director of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Synchronoss in April 2011.

This position was developed to add additional Directors for areas in the IT department. I spoke to the CIO and VP of IT and both were very nice and interesting gentlemen. I enjoyed speaking with both of them particularly the CIO. After a phone interview with each I was invited for a face to face interview.
    The 1 on 1 with the VP of IT went well and we had a nice conversation. Then I interviewed with the current director of IT. He started speed questioning me about technical problems that would have no relevance to a director level position (I did know the answers). He asked an impossible scenario question and after every answer I gave he would reply “what if that is not good enough” to the point where I did not know how to respond. This guy was unprofessional, totally unprepared and obviously defending his turf. I can’t imagine working with this guy and feel bad for those who report to him. He obviously cannot handle customer service. He also went on and on about how he works 80 hours a week and that was expected in that department. He was obviously a tech guy with zero management or delegation skills, but I’m sure he is a hard worker. I would stay away from an IT infrastructure position with this company unless you want to work all the time for a poor director.

I was actually relieved when I hear they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a VP cam in the room yelling that a system was down. What would you do? Followed by What if that is not good enough after each response.   Answer Question
    • How do you physically install Sql Server. (not sure what physically means)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Synchronoss in June 2009.

Hi,

I had a telephonic interview- I was interviewing for a J2EE Developer position.

The Phone interview covered everything for a J2EE Developer/

HTML, JavaScript, Java, Servlets, XML, Application Servers(Basic), Build Tools, Oracle (SQL Queries) etc.

XML, XSL, XSLT was the major player in the telephonic along with Parsing of XML in Java
    The in-person interview was with 5 people.

1 Group interview with 2 people
    3- individual interviews.

Again I was asked more with respect to XML, XSL, XSLT some SQL Queries,

RMI, CORBA etc.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Synchronoss in August 2008.

There were three phases of the interview process.

The first is a technical phone screen. The interviewer and I hit it off pretty well, and lots of java questions were asked. Lasted about an hour.

Next was the face to face interview. For this round, it was a group interview where 2 developers and a manager interviewed me, followed by one of the architects, and then one of the directors. Briefly met the CTO as well. The developers hammered question after question at me on java, sql, oracle, xml, xsd, xsl/t, html, javascript, and css. Extremely detailed interview. So make sure you're prepared.

The final phase was talking to the recruiter to negotiate salary, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was about Oracle PL/SQL. Don't remember the exact question, but my answer was "that's what DBAs are for".   Answer Question
    Negotiation was all with the recruiter. Pretty standard where he tries to talk you down as expected.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Synchronoss in September 2014.

Phone interview in the US by a recruiter for them, followed by a phone interview by an equivalent, had to wait 2 weeks for an in person interview, which there were 2 on the one day, then had to wait 3 weeks for another in Ireland (while on holidays). Nothing difficult asked. Usual type stuff. Then declined. Wasted my time really.

Windows Phone Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Synchronoss in July 2014.

Got call to attend interview for Windows Phone developer from a consultancy. There were 2 rounds of technical interviews with a panel of 2 sitting to interview me. It was not much difficult. Just questions from oops and Windows phone.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Synchronoss in April 2014.

Was very simple and easy.Asked some very basic questions about programming.first round was a aptitude round where you and to answer 20 questions in 30 mins.It was quite basic and simple.After clearing that round they called for 1-1 interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Who you we willing to commit to testing or will you opt for development in the future.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Synchronoss in January 2014.

I applied directly, it was walkin for bangalore location. I was having 1.7 years experience. Interview process took around 1 week. Process consist of 3 rounds of technical interview and one salary discussion round.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was easy. they asked mainly on core java and basics of SQL with little bit servlet.
      Does Method overloading occurs if the access modifier of methods different?
      Does Method overloading occurs if the return type of methods different?

• 3. Meaning of Trigger?
      4. How to make Database Connection?
      5. Difference between PreparedStatement and Statement?
      6. What are Database Functions? Give example
      7. What is the meaning of views?

View Answer
    • 10. How to change HTML value using jQuery?
      11. How many methods are there in servlet?
      12. Difference between doGet() and doPost() methods?
      13. Which method is best to use doGet() or doPost()?
      14. How the container knows that which servlet it needs to invoke based on client request?
      15. What is Abstract Class?
      16. What is Interface?
      17. Difference between Abstract Class and Interface?
      18. What is Abstract Method?
      19. Can I have non-abstract method inside abstract Class?
      20. Can I use abstract method inside normal Class i.e. non-abstract Class?
      21. Can we able to create an object for abstract Class?
      22. Name 2 already overloaded methods which are in JDK?

• 23. Class MyClass
      {
      Public Static void main(String[] args)
      main(args)
      Static
      System.out.println(“static”);
      24. Class MyString
      {
      Public static void main(String[] args)
      String s=null;

Public Static void main(String[] args){
      String s;
      System.out.println(s);
      }
      6. Database problem, 2 tables are there one is department table and another one is employee table. Write Query to display all the employee names with department?

View Answer
    Salary is little bit lower, but working environment is ultimate. Do consider this company if you get offer