Syncsort

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Syncsort.

Interview Details – One day interview for a couple with hours going through 6-7 people (group leader, managers, director). Received an offer the same day from the recruiter. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. It was pretty relaxed since I came from a competitor so they knew I had the background already. It was more of a personality assessment.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Syncsort in September 2013.

Interview Details – Take 2 to 3 weeks. Depends on how many competitive candidates are on the process simultaneously

Interview Question – Algorithm for the situation the interviewer gives you.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Syncsort in November 2009.

Interview Details – Syncsort is a careful company who is selective. You'll see 5 or more company representatives before you are thru the process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation or role in your career in which you failed.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Syncsort in December 2009.

Interview Details – Full day interviews
About 5-6 interviews. Each lasts for about an hour.
They have been asking the Same questions for atleast the last 3 years
They will cover full breadth of Computer Science. You will be expected to know most of the fundamental concepts of Computer Science like - OS, Indexing in Databases, Algorithms, Computer Architecture, finite automatas. Nothing will be too much in detail. They probably want to see if you know a bit of everything.

Interview Question – Use a TRIE to search a substring in a list of Strings - Don't remember exactly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but its worth a shot. I have heard they are not too staunch on their offer.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Syncsort in December 2012.

Interview Details – one on-campus and one on-site
concept questions for on-campus interview
different questions including both hardware and software for on-site( computer architecture, algorithms, OOP design)

Interview Question – NULL   Answer Question

Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Syncsort in August 2010.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews then a Friday AM in-office interview. Interviewers included managers, architects, department VP, and a couple of coworkers who were working on the type of jobs that you are applying for. They were very nice people, and the interview even included a lunch interview session. Not really a technical interview but it may already change with new management this year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very smooth. They won't pay you like NYC but given their less-demanding work hours should be a good fit for folks who need work-life balance.

Software Analyst Interview

Software Analyst
Woodcliff Lake, NJ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Syncsort in January 2009.

Interview Details – An impressive number of interviewers preceded an offer letter. There were 2 phone interviews, one which was highly technical. Then having 6 in-person interviews with at least 3 oral technical quizzes. The process itself wasn't intimidating but the length of it was a surprise. Luckily, their decision came very quickly and an offer letter meeting my expectations was extended.

Interview Question – Please design a enterprise level storage system with redundancy, here's a piece of paper.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very useful to have another offer outside Syncsort to be able to assist during negotiations. The offer was upped to meet my expectations.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Syncsort in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone then 2 face to face interviews.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Syncsort in January 2007.

Interview Details – Interview process was cool, initially I had a phone interview then I visited their office in Woodcliff Lake for the interview and got the job offer after couple of days.

Interview Question – Describe the scenario when you were under tremendous pressure.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They won't give you a a chance to negotiate the salary.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Syncsort in July 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter about a technical support position. The director at that department conducted a phone interview with me (very short, only 20 min), mainly asked questions about operating system, data base (esp. different kinds of joins), data structure, and some other fairly easy questions. Didn't feel doing well in the interview though. Still, to my surprise, got an onsite interview.

Met 7-8 people at the company, its work environment was very nice. Was asked a lot of questions about data structure, algorithm, architecture, operating system, and about my experience on resume, too.

A week later, was told to be top candidate among 2. But said they wanted to get another candidate, seemed like not very satisfied with my performance. Finally the offer was given to the 3rd candidate, the recruiter told me she was a better match for the position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Syncsort? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Syncsort interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Syncsort employees and interview candidates.