Syneren Technologies Corporation

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – One of the Program Managers scheduled a time to call me and hasn't called me for atleast 10 mins after the time. I decided to call him and he picked the phone and there was no apology. He directly started interviewing me. The interview was very generic and I sent an email to him right after the interview thanking him for his time and a week later sent him a follow up to check on the status of the interview. There was no response for both the mails. I am not sure if the company operates in the same way or if this one individual.

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Interview Question – None were difficult questions   Answer Question

Business Case Analyst Interview

Business Case Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes pride in his/her work, and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. They must possess excellent communication skills and be customer oriented. Ideally, a motivated, self-driven, and results oriented team player with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new environments and technology.
• Experience with eliciting, gathering, organizing, analyzing, and documenting client requirements.
• Experience with business case development and strategic planning.
• Experience with IT investment management and similar federal business cases.
• Possesses the ability to organize information coherently and present each business case to customers.
• Possesses strong analytical skills and be detail oriented.
• Possesses the ability to communicate effectively.

Interview Question – Describe how you contributed to your last project in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not very flexible.

Management Interview

Management

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation.

Interview Details – Fairly fast decision and offer but they do things backwards. When they made the offer it was less than my current salary and they asked for copies of paystubs to verify my current income. They would not negotiate. I asked about benefits but they only sent me a one page flyer that didn't give much information. They called me back and insisted I make a decision, I then asked for a reasonable accommodation and again they had to ask "senior management" only to get back to tell me no.

Reason for Declining – The person I dealt with was not very friendly and always seemed rushed. They certainly didn't try to sell the company or willing to negotiate. I took this as a sign that I wouldn't have the flexibility or ability to make any decisions since "senior management" always had to be consulted prior to giving me an answer.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Within a week I gave an impromptu phone interview. I got a reply in a week and to schedule an on site interview.
Interview process was pretty standard. Few behavioral questions, few marketing related question. One simple case study. The HR and CEO of the company took the interview.
In another week I got an offer. Asked to join in next two weeks.

Interview Question – Lets assume you know about our product. How will you approach the marketing strategy for this product. How do you begin and how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. For an entry level position and a small company like this the prices are pretty much fixed. I was offered all kinds of insurance and relocation expenses. No joining bonus(expected)

Very Easy Interview

Technical Writer/Proposal Writer Interview

Technical Writer/Proposal Writer
Lanham, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation.

Interview Details – They actually found my resume online and asked me to come in for the interview like in 30 minutes, but I didn't have time and came the next day. When I arrived, I was supposed to meet with the CEO for an interview, but when I got there, it was extremely disorganized and she was nowhere to be found. So, I was seated in a small conference room (wasn't offered anything to drink) and waited. After a short while, two random men dressed in plain clothes came in and "interviewed" me. They asked me basic "fill in the time" questions (i'm guessing until she got there). It was extremely awkward and there were several moments of dead air. She came in about 15 minutes later, hurriedly, and didn't really speak. She interrogated me about what I knew and asked me about the several sections of an RFP. She then got up and told one of the males to send me an email with a "writing sample" to see how my writing was and gave me until the end of the day to return it. It was really strange, but hey, I needed a job.

They asked me to provide a pay stub from my previous place of employement, but I never did. I'm glad I didn't because my pay would have been based on what I was making before, which was thousands less.

The HR girl came in afterwards and gave me a "walk through" of the benefits. After speaking with her, I left.

Interview Question – What do you know?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was either "take it or leave it."

Very Easy Interview

Proposal Writer/Marketing Specialist Interview

Proposal Writer/Marketing Specialist
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was invited to speak with the CEO at the company's Arlington, VA office for the position of either Proposal Writer or Marketing Specialist. The office consisted of spartan facilities (only water and coffee was on hand). I signed in and was escorted to a windowless room with a long conference table with chairs. I sat down, spoke with the CEO about the two positions. She asked me which one I would prefer and then went into my background. All was fluid until the subject of pay at previous positions and salary came up. I've read many management theory and employment articles to know that an employer's demand of your salary information is merely a tool to take away your power to negotiate during an offer. I declined her demand, and that's when things got hairy. She tried all sorts of ways to get me to divulge information about my salary history, even offending me at times by commenting unnecessarily about my past employment experience. She said that the company does criminal background checks and asked me if I had any such background (so unnecessary). She then said that I will be asked for a previous pay stub before they make an offer. I made it clear that giving her my salary history was utterly irrelevant to the compensation of the position. I also asked her what the market rate for the position was, to which she replied, "I don't know." I found that to be rather disheartening and unbelievable. Seeing that I refused to give away any salary information, she proceeded to give me a grammar test and writing exercised and then attempted to leave the room. I asked her if she would return and allow me to ask some questions about the company, but she insisted on having me ask the recruiter coordinator (odd), claiming that she would have the requisite knowledge to answer any of my questions. She left the room and I completed the grammar test but instead of writing the essay portion, I wrote her a note wishing her luck in the hiring process and with the company, but that I would be looking at opportunities elsewhere (thank God I'm moving forward with two other interviews in the pipeline). As the other reviews make clear, this is one cheap company! Any company that refuses to accept the premise that employees should be paid fair is a company that won't attract the best talent.

Interview Question – How much did you earn in your previous position?   Answer Question

Worked for Syneren Technologies Corporation? Contribute to the Community!