Syngenta

Relevance Date Difficulty

Import/Export Specialist Interview

Import/Export Specialist
Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Syngenta in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was recruited by HR and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Syngenta Crop Protection in Septmeber 2007.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at Syngenta by 6 people. Managers, and no managers. The interview is STAR. Syngenta uses STAR for all inetrviews and then the wight the answer to rank the candidates. Very important to have a good word from a insider.Be prepared to talk about difficulties, failures, and especially how you dealt with them.

Interview Question – all questions were work related in STAR format   Answer Question

Business Unit Controller Interview

Business Unit Controller
Gilroy, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Syngenta in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by HR for a phone interview. The interview with HR was simply to discuss why I was interested in the company, position and to describe how my past experience relates to the role. Was told that HR would pass my information on to the HR manager and I would hear back if interested. Haven't heard anything

Interview Question – Describe prior experience in relation to the current role   Answer Question

Growing In Syngenta Interview

Growing In Syngenta
Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Syngenta in November 2011.

Interview Details – Syngenta came on campus, conducted an info session, and then held interviews the following day. A couple weeks later, I received a call inviting me to the final round at their assessment center in Greensborough, NC. They held the assessment center in a nice hotel where 9 candidates and about 14 assessors spent two days. The first day was a welcome brief and team exercise followed by dinner with the assessors, all of whom were senior members of the company from around the globe. The next morning we started with another group exercise, followed by a series of interviews and business cases. Overall, it was a great experience and I felt like they took the time to learn as much as they could about each candidate.

Interview Question – Practice business cases if you are unfamiliar with them. I had mine at the end of a long day of interviews, and it was by far my weakest performance of the two days.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syngenta in August 2009.

Interview Details – Met with 3 individuals within the department. One was upper level manager, One was direct boss, One was the Human Resources person. Thought that it was a fair process. They seem to be laid back, but also seem to have a strong work ethic.

Interview Questions

Senior Buyer Interview

Senior Buyer
Saint Gabriel, LA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Syngenta in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an engineering firm in Mobil, AL, about an opportunity at Sygenta. The engineering firm set up the interview with their client (Syngenta). I was told that there were four interviews (includinig me) conducted. The panel consisted of the engineering firm representative, the department manager, two of the buyers in the department and a buyer that was retiring whose position they were interviewing for. Although the interview went well, they were looking for candidates with SAP experience (which I did not have).

Interview Question – Talk to us about a situation where specifications changed and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Supply Chain Program Interview

Supply Chain Program
Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Syngenta in October 2008.

Interview Details – There was a phone Interview initially. The interview was simple and the usual questions were asked.

Interview Question – What are career goals   Answer Question

Business Support Specialist Interview

Business Support Specialist
Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Syngenta in May 2014.

Interview Details – There was a 30 min phone Interview and then Half day face-to-face interview (2 40 min interviews, 10 min presentation and practical exercise).
Phone iterview was quite easy and then week later they invite you for a face-to-face interview, giving you 3 week to prepare.

Interview Question – What are you good at   Answer Question

IS Graduate Program Interview

IS Graduate Program
Basel (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Syngenta.

Interview Details – Numerical test online, telephone interview with a Head of department, assessment centre was very nice, networking with recent graduates and head of departments.You do the numerical test two times one online and the other at the assessment centre, the one physical is quite easy, although there are a lot of question to do.

Interview Question – Business case is a bit tricky, either focusing in the wide view or going to the details. Clear proposals needed.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Syngenta in January 2014.

Interview Details – Too long process, first one consultancy contacted me got my details then after 2 weeks telephonic round conducted after that after 3 weeks they asked me to visit consultancy office where I have to give simple aptitude and we had group discussion round. After that I had F2F interview . The all process took nearly 3 months when I discussed this with there HR they inform me this is common process in Syngenta for sr. positions.

Interview Question – Tell me some negative experience you had in current role.?
describe some earlier experience where you have to say "No" to management.
  Answer Question

Grow At Syngenta Program Interview

Grow At Syngenta Program

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Syngenta.

Interview Details – CV Shortlist, 1st round of HR Interview, 2nd round with EMEA business head, 3rd round Assessment Centre at Basel.

Interview Question – The questions were mostly in the STAR format. You had to describe situations and results where you were both successful and not successful; where you have led a team and what were your learnings; which specific role would you prefer at Syngenta - BD, Strategy etc and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Syngenta? Contribute to the Community!