Syngenta Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.2

Chemist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syngenta.

I was contacted by Adecco, a hiring company, who were great. The woman gave a lot of detail about how to prepare for the interview. Although, not much was given about the specific position I was interviewing for. Therefore it was difficult to know how to prepare for the interview. The person interviewing me was nice, but was very vague about the position details. Questions were just about my experience relevant to the job. I was able to walk around the lab, and see everything. Specifics such as benefits, salary/pay rate were not clear at all.

Interview Questions
    • What kinds of experience in chemical synthesis do you have?   Answer Question

Import/Export Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Syngenta in September 2009.

I was recruited by HR and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Syngenta Crop Protection in Septmeber 2007.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at Syngenta by 6 people. Managers, and no managers. The interview is STAR. Syngenta uses STAR for all inetrviews and then the wight the answer to rank the candidates. Very important to have a good word from a insider.Be prepared to talk about difficulties, failures, and especially how you dealt with them.

Business Unit Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gilroy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Syngenta in February 2013.

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by HR for a phone interview. The interview with HR was simply to discuss why I was interested in the company, position and to describe how my past experience relates to the role. Was told that HR would pass my information on to the HR manager and I would hear back if interested. Haven't heard anything

Interview Questions
    • Describe prior experience in relation to the current role   Answer Question

Growing In Syngenta Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Syngenta in November 2011.

Syngenta came on campus, conducted an info session, and then held interviews the following day. A couple weeks later, I received a call inviting me to the final round at their assessment center in Greensborough, NC. They held the assessment center in a nice hotel where 9 candidates and about 14 assessors spent two days. The first day was a welcome brief and team exercise followed by dinner with the assessors, all of whom were senior members of the company from around the globe. The next morning we started with another group exercise, followed by a series of interviews and business cases. Overall, it was a great experience and I felt like they took the time to learn as much as they could about each candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Practice business cases if you are unfamiliar with them. I had mine at the end of a long day of interviews, and it was by far my weakest performance of the two days.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syngenta in August 2009.

Met with 3 individuals within the department. One was upper level manager, One was direct boss, One was the Human Resources person. Thought that it was a fair process. They seem to be laid back, but also seem to have a strong work ethic.

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Gabriel, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Gabriel, LA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Syngenta in October 2010.

I was contacted by an engineering firm in Mobil, AL, about an opportunity at Sygenta. The engineering firm set up the interview with their client (Syngenta). I was told that there were four interviews (includinig me) conducted. The panel consisted of the engineering firm representative, the department manager, two of the buyers in the department and a buyer that was retiring whose position they were interviewing for. Although the interview went well, they were looking for candidates with SAP experience (which I did not have).

Interview Questions
    • Talk to us about a situation where specifications changed and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Supply Chain Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Syngenta in October 2008.

There was a phone Interview initially. The interview was simple and the usual questions were asked.

Formulation Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Syngenta.

Applied online then had a phone interview then was invited to the face-to-face interview day.
    There were 3 hr long interviews one after the other which was quite daunting followed by a tour of site.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were quite standard and they let you look them over for 10 mins first.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monthey (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monthey (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Syngenta in July 2014.

- Applied online with the standard application package (CV, cover letter, certificates)
    - Received an e-mail 3 weeks later that notified me the date and time of my phone interview
    - Phone interview took place 1 week later and lasted 30 min

The interview was a standard screening process which went fine and the hiring manager was pleasant and professional. All questions were expected (motivations, past experience, personality) and I was told that I should be contacted again by the HR department to know whether I would go further or not. It has been more than 3 months and I am still waiting...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Standard CV, motivations, personality questions.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kiev (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Syngenta in May 2014.

I really liked the people that interviewed me. They were very nice to me and it was very helpful in getting over my nervousness. Overall it was a very positive experience and I would be glad to work in such a company but, unfortunately, it didn't happen.

Worked for Syngenta? Contribute to the Community!