Syngenta Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

3.1

Post-MBA GIS Scheme Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

Classic CV + cover letter screening round, followed by a telephone interview to understand 'fit', motivation and compatibility with Syngenta's leadership model. After this, there is a 1.5 day assessment center at HQ in Basel, which is a mixture of one-on-one interviews and group exercises. Components included a business case in the agriculture sector (fairly obviously, I imagine), and two rounds of group negotiations. There were around 12 of us at the assessment centre, and about 12 managers 'observing' each and every reaction - so the environment is rather 'staged'. Decisions were made relatively quickly, requiring full consensus from all those you interacted with.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta (Naples, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two people, the person I would be replacing and another I would be working with. I was invited to a second interview the same day. After having a second interview with 4 people, I thought it went well. I didn't hear back from them in a week I assumed I didn't get the job. I got a call and was asked if I was looking for work because the other person took another job offer.

Interview Questions

Interview

Two interviews that consisted of meeting with two tiers of management. They were professional and had a genuine concern for the interviewer. Overall it was a good experience and I would go for it again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to lead others but were not given the authority to do it? How did you perform and what was the result?   1 Answer

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

1st round interview:
    Held on campus, with two senior finance managers. Purely standard behavioral questions about how I handle stress with workload, conflict with colleagues, and personal history.

2nd (Final) Round Interview:
    I was invited to an assessment center in Greensboro, as one of 16 candidates, being interviewed and observed by 25 senior finance managers. All activities listed below are conducted or observed by multiple managers.

Activities:
    3 different behavioral interviews:
    1st on background (1 hour)
    2nd on standard workplace behavior (1 hour)
    3rd wrap up interview, to allow candidate to ask lingering questions (10 minutes)
    Numerical Assessment (1 hour test)
    Logic Assessment (1 hour test)
    Group Case Presentation (45 minutes to prepare a 10 minute SWOT analysis presentation based on a 25 page document provided a week early, team of 4)
    Negotiation Exercise (1 hour, teams of four compete against each other)

Interview Questions

• The group exercises are challenging, not because of the work in question, but in trying to demonstrate your "leadership communication style".   Answer Question

Interview

Interviewed on campus. It was awkward because you sit in between two interviewers, so I was having to look to my left for a couple of seconds then had to turn to my right so I could address both of them. The questions weren't difficult, just your basic behavioral questions, although they did ask a lot of different situations where you failed, failed to persuade a group, when you received bad feed back, and when you failed meeting a goal.

EHS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Syngenta (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was from a pannel of people. Whlen I asked if the position was a new position or replacing someone who left, they seemed to get defensive. I later realized that the previous person left the company after 6 months due to conflicts with management.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions come from corporate and are from a generated list. Very vague questions.   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

I was contacted by Adecco, a hiring company, who were great. The woman gave a lot of detail about how to prepare for the interview. Although, not much was given about the specific position I was interviewing for. Therefore it was difficult to know how to prepare for the interview. The person interviewing me was nice, but was very vague about the position details. Questions were just about my experience relevant to the job. I was able to walk around the lab, and see everything. Specifics such as benefits, salary/pay rate were not clear at all.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of experience in chemical synthesis do you have?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, corporate recruiter called within a couple of days; then phone interview with the hiring manager in a week. Had onsite with a group after another week, the team was very professional, even though didn't get the offer later. Big company, good interview experience!

Production Tech Interview

Interview

Had an interview with the PM and got the job. Not too stressful. I didnt need to really dress up to much for the interview process just some nice slacks and nice shirt no need for a suit.

Negotiation

no negotiations

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta (Minnetonka, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

First we have an on campus promotion meeting with the hiring manager. Resume was collected by online application system. Then we got a half hour phone interview with hr manager involved. Finally there happened an on-site for an hour.

Interview Questions

• How can you provide example on dealing with conflicts between team members or colleagues?   Answer Question