Syngenta

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

3.2

Marketing and Sales Development Manager Interview

Two interviews that consisted of meeting with two tiers of management. They were professional and had a genuine concern for the interviewer. Overall it was a good experience and I would go for it again.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were asked to lead others but were not given the authority to do it? How did you perform and what was the result?   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Development Interview

Interviewed on campus. It was awkward because you sit in between two interviewers, so I was having to look to my left for a couple of seconds then had to turn to my right so I could address both of them. The questions weren't difficult, just your basic behavioral questions, although they did ask a lot of different situations where you failed, failed to persuade a group, when you received bad feed back, and when you failed meeting a goal.

Chemist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta.

I was contacted by Adecco, a hiring company, who were great. The woman gave a lot of detail about how to prepare for the interview. Although, not much was given about the specific position I was interviewing for. Therefore it was difficult to know how to prepare for the interview. The person interviewing me was nice, but was very vague about the position details. Questions were just about my experience relevant to the job. I was able to walk around the lab, and see everything. Specifics such as benefits, salary/pay rate were not clear at all.

Interview Questions
    • What kinds of experience in chemical synthesis do you have?   Answer Question

Business Unit Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta in February 2013.

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by HR for a phone interview. The interview with HR was simply to discuss why I was interested in the company, position and to describe how my past experience relates to the role. Was told that HR would pass my information on to the HR manager and I would hear back if interested. Haven't heard anything

Interview Questions
    • Describe prior experience in relation to the current role   Answer Question

Growing In Syngenta Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Syngenta in November 2011.

Syngenta came on campus, conducted an info session, and then held interviews the following day. A couple weeks later, I received a call inviting me to the final round at their assessment center in Greensborough, NC. They held the assessment center in a nice hotel where 9 candidates and about 14 assessors spent two days. The first day was a welcome brief and team exercise followed by dinner with the assessors, all of whom were senior members of the company from around the globe. The next morning we started with another group exercise, followed by a series of interviews and business cases. Overall, it was a great experience and I felt like they took the time to learn as much as they could about each candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Practice business cases if you are unfamiliar with them. I had mine at the end of a long day of interviews, and it was by far my weakest performance of the two days.   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Gabriel, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Gabriel, LA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Syngenta in October 2010.

I was contacted by an engineering firm in Mobil, AL, about an opportunity at Sygenta. The engineering firm set up the interview with their client (Syngenta). I was told that there were four interviews (includinig me) conducted. The panel consisted of the engineering firm representative, the department manager, two of the buyers in the department and a buyer that was retiring whose position they were interviewing for. Although the interview went well, they were looking for candidates with SAP experience (which I did not have).

Interview Questions
    • Talk to us about a situation where specifications changed and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Import/Export Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Syngenta in September 2009.

I was recruited by HR and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Syngenta Crop Protection in Septmeber 2007.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at Syngenta by 6 people. Managers, and no managers. The interview is STAR. Syngenta uses STAR for all inetrviews and then the wight the answer to rank the candidates. Very important to have a good word from a insider.Be prepared to talk about difficulties, failures, and especially how you dealt with them.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta in August 2009.

Met with 3 individuals within the department. One was upper level manager, One was direct boss, One was the Human Resources person. Thought that it was a fair process. They seem to be laid back, but also seem to have a strong work ethic.

Supply Chain Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Syngenta in October 2008.

There was a phone Interview initially. The interview was simple and the usual questions were asked.

IT Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Syngenta.

Very long they follow lot process and make sure background check is done. Keep on doing background check even if you have being on board for 6 months.

Once sent offer they keep calling are you joining etc all kind of questions

They keep you waiting even they offered you to give joining date or they will send mail like don't resign wait for final confirmation etc