Syngenta Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.2

Post-MBA GIS Scheme Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Syngenta.

Classic CV + cover letter screening round, followed by a telephone interview to understand 'fit', motivation and compatibility with Syngenta's leadership model. After this, there is a 1.5 day assessment center at HQ in Basel, which is a mixture of one-on-one interviews and group exercises. Components included a business case in the agriculture sector (fairly obviously, I imagine), and two rounds of group negotiations. There were around 12 of us at the assessment centre, and about 12 managers 'observing' each and every reaction - so the environment is rather 'staged'. Decisions were made relatively quickly, requiring full consensus from all those you interacted with.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta in February 2015.

I interviewed with two people, the person I would be replacing and another I would be working with. I was invited to a second interview the same day. After having a second interview with 4 people, I thought it went well. I didn't hear back from them in a week I assumed I didn't get the job. I got a call and was asked if I was looking for work because the other person took another job offer.

Marketing and Sales Development Manager Interview

Two interviews that consisted of meeting with two tiers of management. They were professional and had a genuine concern for the interviewer. Overall it was a good experience and I would go for it again.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were asked to lead others but were not given the authority to do it? How did you perform and what was the result?   View Answer

Financial Leadership Development Interview

Interviewed on campus. It was awkward because you sit in between two interviewers, so I was having to look to my left for a couple of seconds then had to turn to my right so I could address both of them. The questions weren't difficult, just your basic behavioral questions, although they did ask a lot of different situations where you failed, failed to persuade a group, when you received bad feed back, and when you failed meeting a goal.

Chemist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta.

I was contacted by Adecco, a hiring company, who were great. The woman gave a lot of detail about how to prepare for the interview. Although, not much was given about the specific position I was interviewing for. Therefore it was difficult to know how to prepare for the interview. The person interviewing me was nice, but was very vague about the position details. Questions were just about my experience relevant to the job. I was able to walk around the lab, and see everything. Specifics such as benefits, salary/pay rate were not clear at all.

Interview Questions
    • What kinds of experience in chemical synthesis do you have?   Answer Question

Production Tech Interview

Had an interview with the PM and got the job. Not too stressful. I didnt need to really dress up to much for the interview process just some nice slacks and nice shirt no need for a suit.

no negotiations

Business Unit Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta in February 2013.

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by HR for a phone interview. The interview with HR was simply to discuss why I was interested in the company, position and to describe how my past experience relates to the role. Was told that HR would pass my information on to the HR manager and I would hear back if interested. Haven't heard anything

Interview Questions
    • Describe prior experience in relation to the current role   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta.

Contacted by their third party recruiter. She just emailed me an interview time and person to ask for. That person wasn't even there. Ended up interviewing with 3 people, one who was only there a short time.

Operations Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Syngenta.

They will ask lots of situational questions. Give complete answers, and site specific examples.

Interview Questions
    • They might ask about a time you have failed. Make sure you can show how that experience turned into something positive about your skill set now.   Answer Question
    Short and easy.

Growing In Syngenta Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Syngenta in November 2011.

Syngenta came on campus, conducted an info session, and then held interviews the following day. A couple weeks later, I received a call inviting me to the final round at their assessment center in Greensborough, NC. They held the assessment center in a nice hotel where 9 candidates and about 14 assessors spent two days. The first day was a welcome brief and team exercise followed by dinner with the assessors, all of whom were senior members of the company from around the globe. The next morning we started with another group exercise, followed by a series of interviews and business cases. Overall, it was a great experience and I felt like they took the time to learn as much as they could about each candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Practice business cases if you are unfamiliar with them. I had mine at the end of a long day of interviews, and it was by far my weakest performance of the two days.   Answer Question