Syngenta Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.1

Regional Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

Interview process was fine but as external candidate, feel like I wasted my time because job went to internal hire who obviously has company knowledge. why bother with external candidates if the internal candidate is preferred?

Interview Questions

• Asking what my solution to current problem is. Why would I give away my interllectual property so freely???   Answer Question

Interview

Interviewed on campus. It was awkward because you sit in between two interviewers, so I was having to look to my left for a couple of seconds then had to turn to my right so I could address both of them. The questions weren't difficult, just your basic behavioral questions, although they did ask a lot of different situations where you failed, failed to persuade a group, when you received bad feed back, and when you failed meeting a goal.

Interview Questions

Interview

Two interviews that consisted of meeting with two tiers of management. They were professional and had a genuine concern for the interviewer. Overall it was a good experience and I would go for it again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to lead others but were not given the authority to do it? How did you perform and what was the result?   1 Answer

Production Tech Interview

Interview

Had an interview with the PM and got the job. Not too stressful. I didnt need to really dress up to much for the interview process just some nice slacks and nice shirt no need for a suit.

Negotiation

no negotiations

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta (Minnetonka, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

First we have an on campus promotion meeting with the hiring manager. Resume was collected by online application system. Then we got a half hour phone interview with hr manager involved. Finally there happened an on-site for an hour.

Interview Questions

• How can you provide example on dealing with conflicts between team members or colleagues?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monthey (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Syngenta (Monthey (Switzerland)) in July 2014.

Interview

- Applied online with the standard application package (CV, cover letter, certificates) - Received an e-mail 3 weeks later that notified me the date and time of my phone interview - Phone interview took place 1 week later and lasted 30 min The interview was a standard screening process which went fine and the hiring manager was pleasant and professional. All questions were expected (motivations, past experience, personality) and I was told that I should be contacted again by the HR department to know whether I would go further or not. It has been more than 3 months and I am still waiting...

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Standard CV, motivations, personality questions.   Answer Question

Business Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Syngenta in September 2013.

Interview

Standard application via company's website, phone interview, final stage with Group Panel including personal presentation and 2 group activities (business case and sotck selling) and finally, four in person interviews with senior management of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your previous profesional experiences   1 Answer

Trials Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halsall, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta (Halsall, England (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews following my initial application for the position of Trials Officer. I had a one on one interview first and was called back for an inter view with the whole team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple

Security and Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Syngenta (Fort Wayne, IN) in October 2008.

Interview

Initially hired through Office Team / Robert Half as contract labor. Worked for office in Fort Wayne, IN. Syngenta does not generally hire for permanent positions so this was a good way to get in the door. Since Syngenta decided to hire contract labor, the hardest part was dealing with Office Team. Office Team personnel are challenging to work with, unsupportive, and could not seem to properly address tax issues year after year.

Interview Questions

• Company really wanted someone that had previous SAP experience but were willing to train someone that could quickly learn that system.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary negotiation was minimal at best. Five years ago was a difficult time to negotiate wages considering that I was unemployed and economic times were tough.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta (Gilroy, CA).

Interview

Contacted by their third party recruiter. She just emailed me an interview time and person to ask for. That person wasn't even there. Ended up interviewing with 3 people, one who was only there a short time.