Syngenta Seeds

6 candidate interviews

Trials Officer Interview

Trials Officer
Halsall, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syngenta Seeds in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews following my initial application for the position of Trials Officer.
I had a one on one interview first and was called back for an inter view with the whole team.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple

Production Tech Interview

Production Tech

Interviewed at Syngenta Seeds

Interview Details – Had an interview with the PM and got the job. Not too stressful. I didnt need to really dress up to much for the interview process just some nice slacks and nice shirt no need for a suit.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Security and Compliance Analyst Interview

Security and Compliance Analyst
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Syngenta Seeds in October 2008.

Interview Details – Initially hired through Office Team / Robert Half as contract labor. Worked for office in Fort Wayne, IN. Syngenta does not generally hire for permanent positions so this was a good way to get in the door. Since Syngenta decided to hire contract labor, the hardest part was dealing with Office Team. Office Team personnel are challenging to work with, unsupportive, and could not seem to properly address tax issues year after year.

Interview Question – Company really wanted someone that had previous SAP experience but were willing to train someone that could quickly learn that system.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation was minimal at best. Five years ago was a difficult time to negotiate wages considering that I was unemployed and economic times were tough.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Logistics Interview

Logistics
Gilroy, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syngenta Seeds.

Interview Details – Contacted by their third party recruiter. She just emailed me an interview time and person to ask for. That person wasn't even there. Ended up interviewing with 3 people, one who was only there a short time.

Interview Questions

Operations Planning Analyst Interview

Operations Planning Analyst
Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Syngenta Seeds.

Interview Details – They will ask lots of situational questions. Give complete answers, and site specific examples.

Interview Question – They might ask about a time you have failed. Make sure you can show how that experience turned into something positive about your skill set now.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and easy.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Waterloo, NE

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Syngenta Seeds in April 2011.

Interview Details – Syngenta has the interview process very well organized. The entire process took quite a bit of time, but the company communicated well. The initial 2 interviews were on the phone and were fairly short. The on-site interviews were one hour each. There were 2 meetings with groups of interviewers. The process is difficult, but not unpleasant. I felt free to ask questions and developed a good feel for the position and the people interviewing me. An example of a situational question is describing an experience managing others. Most situation questions were directly related to the position.Work safety was stressed more than I have ever heard a company mention it before. The frequency had me worried about being reprimanded for the smallest infraction if I did get the job. I got the perception that the work environment was okay, but that most employees were putting in their time and not really excited about what they do.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you trained subordinates on safety guidelines and made sure they followed through with those guidelines.   View Answer

Worked for Syngenta Seeds? Contribute to the Community!