Syngenta US

Candidate Interview Review

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Syngenta US in November 2014.

1st round interview:
    Held on campus, with two senior finance managers. Purely standard behavioral questions about how I handle stress with workload, conflict with colleagues, and personal history.

2nd (Final) Round Interview:
    I was invited to an assessment center in Greensboro, as one of 16 candidates, being interviewed and observed by 25 senior finance managers. All activities listed below are conducted or observed by multiple managers.

Activities:
    3 different behavioral interviews:
    1st on background (1 hour)
    2nd on standard workplace behavior (1 hour)
    3rd wrap up interview, to allow candidate to ask lingering questions (10 minutes)
    Numerical Assessment (1 hour test)
    Logic Assessment (1 hour test)
    Group Case Presentation (45 minutes to prepare a 10 minute SWOT analysis presentation based on a 25 page document provided a week early, team of 4)
    Negotiation Exercise (1 hour, teams of four compete against each other)

Interview Questions
    • The group exercises are challenging, not because of the work in question, but in trying to demonstrate your "leadership communication style".   Answer Question