Syniverse

Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Engineer/Applications Manager Interview

Network Engineer/Applications Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Syniverse in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired as a contractor through a recruiting agency. I was with the company for 6 month before being hired on permanent. I had two interviews with the recruiter, and one with my hiring manager at Syniverse. Casual yet professional, private and many things were discussed from the job and it's requirements to personal matters such as family. I was made to feel comfortable through the whole process.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with Tekno Telekom (propietary equipment)? I was not, but had enough background that Syniverse accepted my application.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When I was hired on permanent, I was able to negotiate salary.

Senior Technology Manager Interview

Senior Technology Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Syniverse.

Interview Details – Interview scheduling can take a while and panel style interviews can last a full day with up to 10 people.

Interview Question – Standard background technical and management questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary has to be negotiated especially if you have an unemployed status.

Director Product Management Interview

Director Product Management
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syniverse.

Interview Details – Used external headhunter. I knew an exec at the company, so the interview was more/less a formality.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher salary, standard 20% bonus and a sign-on bonus with a guaranteed relocation package from Seattle to Tampa. The Stock options were a definite plus when the company was public, and paid off. Not sure now that they are a private company.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Business Intelligence Developer
Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Syniverse in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was two rounds. One with the HR and Other with the director and manager. I was asked about my previous job responsibilities and how it related to the job opening.

Interview Question – What would your employer say about you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation. They gave me a figure right away and said it was the maximum they could pay.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Syniverse in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had an in-person interview with four people from the accounting and finance group. There was no phone screening as I was sent by a recruiter. The recruiter prepped me to be assertive and to show them that "you can walk into a management meeting with steel tipped shoes and kick ass!" The first interviewer was asking some good questions about my resume and experience. The second interviewer was also interested in finding out what I can do for them. The other two, however, made it obvious that there were there because the 'boss' asked them to.

Interview Question – There were no behavioral questions. Just straight forward questions about my past experiences and level of comfort dealing with VPs and Directors.   Answer Question

Advisory Systems Engineer Interview

Advisory Systems Engineer
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Syniverse in August 2010.

Interview Details – Asked about my knowledge and few technical question to see if i was what they wanted

Interview Question – do you know the tap file flow process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Campbell, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Syniverse in March 2011.

Interview Details – After the phone interview, I was called for a in- person interview. People there were really friendly. Questions consisted of simple understanding whether I was fit for the company. Technical question were done on the board.

Interview Question – How do you implement the getSize() function of a Binary Tree.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Syniverse in June 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke to the recruiter for 45min. Ask about past work and some standard Computer Science questions. Thread/Processes, deadlocks, race conditions, Inner join....
Said he would set up anpother round and never heard back.

Interview Question – How would you deal with deadlocks and race conditions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Syniverse in February 2012.

Interview Details – 2 Technical Rounds+ 2 Managerial Rounds +1 HR Round. All technical rounds were lengthy and conducted by very competent technical resources. The managerial rounds were time pass rounds.

Interview Question – Not anything   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Customer Support Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Syniverse in January 2011.

Interview Details – To be honest? they ask very common general questions therefore nothing to worry about. Even questions to know whether you know the company they don't ask.

Negotiation Details – One interview over the phone with the recruitment agency. Easy one.
Another face to face with the TL and manager. Easy one too.

Worked for Syniverse? Contribute to the Community!