Synopsys

91 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Synopsys in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the intern position at the campus career fair. I got a mail after 2 months regarding the internship position available at synopsys. I had a phone Interview scheduled after 2 days. The interviewer was friendly and made me comfortable throughout the interview. The interview started with the pleasantries followed by discussion on the projects from my resume. Later few questions on concepts of C++, setup & hold time, DRC & LVS and scripting.

Interview Question – There was lot of emphasis on basics of C++(Object oriented programming ), scripting and working on linux environment.   Answer Question

Senior Corporate Applications Engineer Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Synopsys in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then 1:1

Interview Question – Why did you leave current employer   Answer Question

Digital Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Synopsys

Interview Details – Asked some questions about my resume and my final project.
All basic questions.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Synopsys in March 2014.

Interview Details – I gave a presentation before the interview, so the rest of the interview is mostly concerned with that. Also they try to relate the problems they try to solve with my research, quite comfortable conversation and nice people. Very basic programming question and everyone seems to be concerned with how many lines of code you have wrote.

Interview Question – Not a particular difficult one. Some of the problems they don't even know the answer, just show your logic of thinking, not necessarily the right result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much to negotiate for a fresh graduate

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Synopsys in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very informal interview.Some aptitude questions and technical questions. Mostly friendly conversations on why do I want to work for Synopsys, where and how did you hear about synopsys and what we know about Synopsys and its culture. The expectations and the kind of work I am looking for. That's all.

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview Details – will be interviewed by all group member. Then by the manager. Then by HR

Interview Question – Mostly technical staff. No specific weird questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Synopsys in October 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online I was contacted and went through three phone interviews with three different people, each one ranging from 40 minutes to an hour and 14 minutes. From there I was invited to interview in person, with one person I had previously spoken with, and one person who I had yet to meet. Everyone was very straight forward, relaxed, and informative. It was a good experience.

Interview Question – Nothing tricky; straightforward questions with straightforward responses pertaining to my experience and how I would handle scenarios.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with recruiter. Conversation went well which led to a phone screen with the hiring manager within a week. After that call, I was invited to an onsite interview with other team members. Met with team members on 2 separate occasions due to scheduling. From when I applied online, it took a few days to hear from the recruiter. I received the job offer in less than 1 month's time. Interview was comfortable and easy to answer questions and relaxing. No pressure.

Interview Question – Can't recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer
San Jose, CA

I interviewed at Synopsys in February 2009.

Interview Details – phone + on site ( 5 or 6 people )

Interview Question – question on details of input files   Answer Question

Senior CAE II Interview

Senior CAE II
Mountain View, CA

I interviewed at Synopsys in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 days long interview process with diff teams

Interview Question – all related to vlsi design & verification   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much

Interviews for Top Jobs at Synopsys

Worked for Synopsys? Contribute to the Community!

Synopsys Videos

Synopsys – Why Work for Us?

Synopsys: Innovation and Beyond Synopsys is a world leader in electronic design automation (EDA), supplying the global electronics market with the software, IP and services used in semiconductor design and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synopsys interview questions and advice. All 91 interview reviews posted anonymously by Synopsys employees and interview candidates.