Synopsys

Updated Jan 2, 2015
Updated Jan 2, 2015

3.3

R&D Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Synopsys in August 2014.

I applied online, and one day later, get the email to reserve a time for phone interview. One guy from the hiring group did interview with me. He first gave some introduction of the position. Then I introduced myself, my research areas, and went through my research project one by one. When I introduced my research projects, he asked some questions.

Corporate Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Synopsys.

Was very difficult process. Lots of technical questions.

Software R&D Engineer Interview

I submitted my application through their career portal and process took 1 month. Got a phone interview of about 2 hours, two rounds. First round about hardware and VLSI, second on software.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Synopsys in April 2014.

I applied for the intern position at the campus career fair. I got a mail after 2 months regarding the internship position available at synopsys. I had a phone Interview scheduled after 2 days. The interviewer was friendly and made me comfortable throughout the interview. The interview started with the pleasantries followed by discussion on the projects from my resume. Later few questions on concepts of C++, setup & hold time, DRC & LVS and scripting.

Interview Questions
    • There was lot of emphasis on basics of C++(Object oriented programming ), scripting and working on linux environment.   Answer Question

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Synopsys in April 2014.

I met one of the Synopsys' representative at the NC State Spring Career, where he collected my resume. First round was a telephonic interview, which was somewhere around 2 months after the career fair. Telephonic interview consists of questions on C++/ OOPs Programming Concepts, Scripting (Perl/Unix), VLSI Design (LVS/DRC), ASIC Design (Verilog HDL/non-synthesizable operations) and some current projects related questions.
    For a Computer Engineering graduate student, the telephonic interview was really simple and straightforward. After 1 week I got a call for on-site interview.
    The on-site interview had 3 parts: 1) Presentation on an upcoming industry trend (topic was given 2 days prior to the interview). 2) Group/panel interview 3) 1-to-1 discussion.
    The presentation was limited to 30 minutes. Simple concepts, both technical and non-technical were asked during the presentation. During the panel interview, the entire team reviewed the resume and asked some questions from the projects done or the work experience. Also, some fundamental technical questions from VLSI and ASIC design were asked. Next, 3 members of the team interviewed me on technical and behavioral skills, it lasted for about 30 minutes. Lastly, there was a small discussion on the kind of role and responsibilities with the head of the group.
    The entire on-site interview process took about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a Power Grid for an IC?

Since, I am not very thorough with the back end design flow of ICs I found it quite difficult.

View Answer
    If money is a big factor SNPS is not a great company to join as an intern, apart from that its a wonderful company.

CAE II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Synopsys in April 2014.

it was a month and half long process with one telephonic round, 2 HR round(one in person and one on phone), and one whole day interview with 7 managers interviewing

Interview Questions
    straight forward I asked them to match my my current offer and they did

Digital Engineer Interview

Asked some questions about my resume and my final project.
    All basic questions.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Synopsys in March 2014.

I gave a presentation before the interview, so the rest of the interview is mostly concerned with that. Also they try to relate the problems they try to solve with my research, quite comfortable conversation and nice people. Very basic programming question and everyone seems to be concerned with how many lines of code you have wrote.

Interview Questions
    • Not a particular difficult one. Some of the problems they don't even know the answer, just show your logic of thinking, not necessarily the right result.   Answer Question
    not much to negotiate for a fresh graduate

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Synopsys.

will be interviewed by all group member. Then by the manager. Then by HR

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Synopsys.

Initial phone screen with recruiter. Conversation went well which led to a phone screen with the hiring manager within a week. After that call, I was invited to an onsite interview with other team members. Met with team members on 2 separate occasions due to scheduling. From when I applied online, it took a few days to hear from the recruiter. I received the job offer in less than 1 month's time. Interview was comfortable and easy to answer questions and relaxing. No pressure.