Synopsys Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.2

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. Conversation went well which led to a phone screen with the hiring manager within a week. After that call, I was invited to an onsite interview with other team members. Met with team members on 2 separate occasions due to scheduling. From when I applied online, it took a few days to hear from the recruiter. I received the job offer in less than 1 month's time. Interview was comfortable and easy to answer questions and relaxing. No pressure.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Synopsys in October 2013.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted and went through three phone interviews with three different people, each one ranging from 40 minutes to an hour and 14 minutes. From there I was invited to interview in person, with one person I had previously spoken with, and one person who I had yet to meet. Everyone was very straight forward, relaxed, and informative. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky; straightforward questions with straightforward responses pertaining to my experience and how I would handle scenarios.   Answer Question

Interview

Panel was about 5 and each took 1hr for interview.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

Got two rounds phone interviews, each of which took 1 hour. The first one is a group interview. I was asked different kind of technique questions from different people. Mainly about data structure, such as hash table, linked list. Some problems related to circuit design and Verilog optimization. The interviewers were very nice. Everytime I gave incorrect answer, they tried to help me figure out the problem. The second interview was given by the hiring manager. I was given two puzzles and an algorithm related to hash table. The hiring manager was a nice person.

Interview Questions

• In a verilog program, how to decide two always block can be combined.   Answer Question

Senior CAE Interview

Interview

Interview will be very minimal, mostly Verilog+SystemVerilog+simulation+debug skills. Methodology will be an added advantage. Also having a protocol knowledge will be an advantage. Most importantly, communication skills.

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

One Phone interview - Regular basic verilog questions, Some OOP concepts, System Verilog questions - 40 min
    One Onsite with 3 people in the panel - Overview of all the projects and work expirences in the resume , Verilog questions in depth, System verilog questions in depth.

CAE-Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview had 3 rounds (2 phone interviews and an onsite interview). I talked to the Hiring Manager over the phone for an hour in the first round where he asked me about my background and my experience. He was very impressed with me and passed me on to the 2nd round. In the 2nd round I got a call from a CAE manager in the Taiwan branch and it lasted for about 40 min which was a technical interview. I got an email after a couple of weeks saying that I was not selected for the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Physical Implementation of an IC?   Answer Question

Senior R&D Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Synopsys (Durham, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

A friend forwarded my resume and a director called me about some positions that were opening. We talked for a bit one day and a few days later I had a phone screen with 4 different people lasting 15-20 min. each. Mostly just discussed stuff on my resume. I didn't hear anything for 3-4 weeks and then was asked to come down for an onsite interview. For the interview it started as a panel and I gave a presentation and went over details of my resume and then broke into round robin style for the rest of the day. It was mildly technical throughout, mostly just getting my opinions of different tools, coding styles, problem solving philosophies and stuff like that. Nothing overly difficult nor in some cases was there even a clear right answer. Every was very friendly, although a bit difficult to read initially. I did get positive feed back a day or two later from the hiring managers and he stated they wanted to interview a couple more people and decide the best role for me. About 2.5 weeks later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers did has me some tricky perl questions about the greediness of the .* operator when assign values to an array and about passing arrays to sub routines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the offer came in much higher than I expected, I did get some relocation benefit added due to a comparable offer having much better relocation benefit.

Senior CAE II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

2 days long interview process with diff teams

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

It's the normal full day, multiple technical interview process.

Interview Questions

• the questions were normal programming questions but a little tougher than the ones I've seen elsewhere. I don't remember a specific question   Answer Question

Negotiation

short window of a week but that satisfied my criteria.