Synopsys

Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.3

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

interviewed at Synopsys in March 2013.

They sent an email to let me know the details of the job requirement and position. We set up a time for the phone interview. The first round of phone interview was conducted by the team lead and went on for about 30 minutes. Then the second round of phone interview was scheduled within the next hour. This was conducted by two members of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly programming related. I was asked to write codes over the phone, which was difficult for me, considering my hardware background.   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Give a SWOT analysis of Synopsys products. What were your roles dealing with the field, sales, customers, and management? Have you presented to large audiences before? What is the purpose of a roadmap a,d how do you create it?

Interview Questions
    • How do you overcome objection to the technical merits if your product?   Answer Question

Senior R&D Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Synopsys in September 2012.

1. HR makes a phone call and arrange an on-site interview
    2. On site interview. It is the whole day. Most questions are about algorithm and data structures. Please prepare your self
    3. There could be multiple groups interview the candidate.
    4. Wait for the result. It could take some time.
    5. Package negotiation back and forth

Unix Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Synopsys in August 2012.

Usual process - telephone interview and them 4 or 5 person technical interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Synopsys in July 2012.

I had 3 phone calls. The first one was about my resume and the second one after a month was the first interview about data structure and c++ programming. The third call again after a month was about graph theory. Still i am waiting for their decisions although the last interview was more than a month ago.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about some tricky card questions that needed probability knowledge.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Synopsys in May 2012.

The whole process is really smooth and efficient. I got an offer 3 days after the interview.
    I got a phone interview first which takes 30 minutes or so. Then I was told to go Mountain view to have a onsite. During that onsite, I met all people in that group.

Interview Questions
    not too much. Salary is pretty firm. But if they really want you, you definitely have a chance to play this game which is sort of dangerous because your offer may be withdrawn.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Synopsys in May 2012.

The phone screen was light weight, just background check and so on. The onsite interview was a little bit more serious. The first talk was with 2 heads (one is the boss of the group and one is his boss). Both were pretty friendly without deep technical questions. Then there were 4 2-1 or 3-1 interviews, each 1 hour. Most were technical and some are tough. Covering algorithms / C++ knowledges / behavioral questions. I answered 80% of them.

INTERN TECHNICAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Synopsys in April 2012.

pipeline structure and Microprocessor architecture related questions.

basic digital design question and some verilog

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Synopsys in April 2012.

The interview process was pretty relaxed. I was called up by the manager of the team that was interested in hiring me. There were two interviews, one by the manager and another by another senior member of the staff.
    They were basically interested in the work that I was doing under my professor. The interviews went well and I was given a call by the HR would told me that they were going to extend me the internship offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Synopsys in August 2011.

It was a normal interview like any other company, not much special.

Not much