Synopsys

3.3

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CAE II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Synopsys in April 2014.

it was a month and half long process with one telephonic round, 2 HR round(one in person and one on phone), and one whole day interview with 7 managers interviewing

Interview Questions
    straight forward I asked them to match my my current offer and they did

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Synopsys.

will be interviewed by all group member. Then by the manager. Then by HR

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Synopsys in August 2013.

One Phone interview - Regular basic verilog questions, Some OOP concepts, System Verilog questions - 40 min
    One Onsite with 3 people in the panel - Overview of all the projects and work expirences in the resume , Verilog questions in depth, System verilog questions in depth.

CAE-Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Synopsys in August 2013.

The interview had 3 rounds (2 phone interviews and an onsite interview). I talked to the Hiring Manager over the phone for an hour in the first round where he asked me about my background and my experience. He was very impressed with me and passed me on to the 2nd round. In the 2nd round I got a call from a CAE manager in the Taiwan branch and it lasted for about 40 min which was a technical interview. I got an email after a couple of weeks saying that I was not selected for the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the Physical Implementation of an IC?   Answer Question

Senior CAE II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

interviewed at Synopsys in August 2013.

2 days long interview process with diff teams

not much

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Synopsys.

It's the normal full day, multiple technical interview process.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were normal programming questions but a little tougher than the ones I've seen elsewhere. I don't remember a specific question   Answer Question
    short window of a week but that satisfied my criteria.

Senior CAE I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Synopsys in March 2013.

Got a phone call from a hiring manager who asked me to come interview for this position. I told him that I am only a recent graduate, and might not be a fit for this senior role upon reading the position description. He still insisted for me to come in.

I came in after 2 business days, and we didn't even talk for more than 20 minutes before he admitted that this position was a bit too "senior" for me (as I have alluded to him in our first conversation), and he told me at the spot that he cannot move me forward. Even though it was a waste of my time, but at least he was polite and courteous during the duration of the full interview.

I would suggest to their hiring manager to get better assessment skills for screening , since it was obvious that the specific hiring manager I talked to had difficulty weighing my skills over the phone, and believed I was a fit for this senior role.

Interview Questions
    • Digital System Design Questions that required years of experiences to answer. I didn't even know how to begin to answer the question   Answer Question

Unix Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Synopsys in August 2012.

Usual process - telephone interview and them 4 or 5 person technical interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Synopsys in May 2012.

The whole process is really smooth and efficient. I got an offer 3 days after the interview.
    I got a phone interview first which takes 30 minutes or so. Then I was told to go Mountain view to have a onsite. During that onsite, I met all people in that group.

Interview Questions
    not too much. Salary is pretty firm. But if they really want you, you definitely have a chance to play this game which is sort of dangerous because your offer may be withdrawn.

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Synopsys in April 2012.

The interview process was pretty relaxed. I was called up by the manager of the team that was interested in hiring me. There were two interviews, one by the manager and another by another senior member of the staff.
    They were basically interested in the work that I was doing under my professor. The interviews went well and I was given a call by the HR would told me that they were going to extend me the internship offer.