Synopsys

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Corporate Applications Engineer Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Synopsys in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then 1:1

Interview Question – Why did you leave current employer   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Synopsys in March 2014.

Interview Details – I gave a presentation before the interview, so the rest of the interview is mostly concerned with that. Also they try to relate the problems they try to solve with my research, quite comfortable conversation and nice people. Very basic programming question and everyone seems to be concerned with how many lines of code you have wrote.

Interview Question – Not a particular difficult one. Some of the problems they don't even know the answer, just show your logic of thinking, not necessarily the right result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much to negotiate for a fresh graduate

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Synopsys in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very informal interview.Some aptitude questions and technical questions. Mostly friendly conversations on why do I want to work for Synopsys, where and how did you hear about synopsys and what we know about Synopsys and its culture. The expectations and the kind of work I am looking for. That's all.

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview Details – will be interviewed by all group member. Then by the manager. Then by HR

Interview Question – Mostly technical staff. No specific weird questions   Answer Question

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer
San Jose, CA

I interviewed at Synopsys in February 2009.

Interview Details – phone + on site ( 5 or 6 people )

Interview Question – question on details of input files   Answer Question

Senior CAE II Interview

Senior CAE II
Mountain View, CA

I interviewed at Synopsys in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 days long interview process with diff teams

Interview Question – all related to vlsi design & verification   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much

CAE-Entry Level Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Synopsys in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview had 3 rounds (2 phone interviews and an onsite interview). I talked to the Hiring Manager over the phone for an hour in the first round where he asked me about my background and my experience. He was very impressed with me and passed me on to the 2nd round. In the 2nd round I got a call from a CAE manager in the Taiwan branch and it lasted for about 40 min which was a technical interview. I got an email after a couple of weeks saying that I was not selected for the onsite interview.

Interview Question – What do you know about the Physical Implementation of an IC?   Answer Question

Technical Intern Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Synopsys in August 2013.

Interview Details – One Phone interview - Regular basic verilog questions, Some OOP concepts, System Verilog questions - 40 min
One Onsite with 3 people in the panel - Overview of all the projects and work expirences in the resume , Verilog questions in depth, System verilog questions in depth.

Interview Question – Simulation and Synthesis mismatches   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview Details – It's the normal full day, multiple technical interview process.

Interview Question – the questions were normal programming questions but a little tougher than the ones I've seen elsewhere. I don't remember a specific question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – short window of a week but that satisfied my criteria.

Unix Systems Administrative Interview

Unix Systems Administrative
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Synopsys in August 2012.

Interview Details – Usual process - telephone interview and them 4 or 5 person technical interview

Interview Question – Not very difficult   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Synopsys

Worked for Synopsys? Contribute to the Community!

Synopsys Videos

Synopsys – Why Work for Us?

Synopsys: Innovation and Beyond Synopsys is a world leader in electronic design automation (EDA), supplying the global electronics market with the software, IP and services used in semiconductor design and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synopsys interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Synopsys employees and interview candidates.