Synopsys Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Synopsys.

It's the normal full day, multiple technical interview process.

Interview Questions
  • the questions were normal programming questions but a little tougher than the ones I've seen elsewhere. I don't remember a specific question   Answer Question
short window of a week but that satisfied my criteria.

Other Interview Reviews for Synopsys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Synopsys in May 2012.

The whole process is really smooth and efficient. I got an offer 3 days after the interview.
    I got a phone interview first which takes 30 minutes or so. Then I was told to go Mountain view to have a onsite. During that onsite, I met all people in that group.

Interview Questions
    not too much. Salary is pretty firm. But if they really want you, you definitely have a chance to play this game which is sort of dangerous because your offer may be withdrawn.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Synopsys in February 2008.

Standard 5 hours affair with a mix of programming related and domain specific questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Synopsys in May 2009.

4 rounds on-site interview
    one is for C programming, one is for Unix operation, one is puzzle questions, the last is with HR.

Interview Questions
    • I have no preparation about the puzzle questions, so meet some obstacle on it.
      Some puzzle question is like:
      There are 25 horses, each time you can race 5 of them, how many races are need to find out the fastest 3.
      There are N numbers, how many compares are needed to get the minimal and maximal.
        Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aachen (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aachen (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Synopsys in April 2009.

I has a phone interview first (about 1 hour). Some technical questions as well as question about salary expectation have been asked. Then I had onsite interview, with 5 different people, each asking questions from different areas. Two of people were managers (including my furture boss) and 3 my future collegues. The interview took the whole day, with a lunch break. There were many technical questions about C++, STL, algorithms, data structures etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are you trying to achieve working with us, what is your motivation?   View Answer