Synopsys

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Synopsys in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone calls. The first one was about my resume and the second one after a month was the first interview about data structure and c++ programming. The third call again after a month was about graph theory. Still i am waiting for their decisions although the last interview was more than a month ago.

Interview Question – They asked me about some tricky card questions that needed probability knowledge.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Synopsys in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed in person with about 3 people. One of them was a manager, and 2 engineers. Interview with the engineers went well, but the manager, who also asked me to write programs, didn't quite seem to understand the code. He asked about writing a program to find out the endianess of a machine. When he wasn't sure about the function, he asked "how else can you find out". I said the endianess is also defined in one of the system header files. He then asked "which one?", to which I replied "i don't the exact one, but perhaps machine.h or something like that. A find/grep would take a minute or so." He didn't seem to like the answer, or perhaps wasn't sure himself. In any case, I felt he tried to continue to ask questions just to come to one that I wouldn't be able to answer. He was truly a bad interviewer. The other engineers who were more technical didn't appear to be this way.

Interview Question – Write a function to find the endianess of a machine.   Answer Question

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Synopsys in June 2008.

Interview Details – was asked general questions; then data structures; C; logic or algo related problems on linked list; binary tree; then RAM; MUX based design problems; related to verilog syntaxes; In HR round, lot of questions to probe if will stay in Bangalore; who are my friends circles, where will I stay

Interview Question – Algo to find if two Binary Trees are structurally equivalent   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Synopsys in April 2010.

Interview Details – Got call when applied for a online posting, had a phone interview first and was asked basic questions regarding the job and my experience.

Soon called for in-person interview, met with 4 persons one by one, questions were related to job description and my prior experience. Nothing tough or unusual.

I was told later that hiring manager will proceed for referral check and background processing and let me know when its done. I was informed later that hiring manager went on leave, was dilly-dallied for 7 weeks like this (everyone in hiring went on leave one by one !!).
 Ultimately I received offer from somewhere else and went for it. Their attitude was not professional and transparent.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Synopsys

Worked for Synopsys? Contribute to the Community!

Synopsys Videos

Synopsys – Why Work for Us?

Synopsys: Innovation and Beyond Synopsys is a world leader in electronic design automation (EDA), supplying the global electronics market with the software, IP and services used in semiconductor design and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synopsys Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Synopsys employees and interview candidates.