Synopsys Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Synopsys in July 2012.

I had 3 phone calls. The first one was about my resume and the second one after a month was the first interview about data structure and c++ programming. The third call again after a month was about graph theory. Still i am waiting for their decisions although the last interview was more than a month ago.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about some tricky card questions that needed probability knowledge.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Synopsys

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Synopsys in July 2011.

Interviewed in person with about 3 people. One of them was a manager, and 2 engineers. Interview with the engineers went well, but the manager, who also asked me to write programs, didn't quite seem to understand the code. He asked about writing a program to find out the endianess of a machine. When he wasn't sure about the function, he asked "how else can you find out". I said the endianess is also defined in one of the system header files. He then asked "which one?", to which I replied "i don't the exact one, but perhaps machine.h or something like that. A find/grep would take a minute or so." He didn't seem to like the answer, or perhaps wasn't sure himself. In any case, I felt he tried to continue to ask questions just to come to one that I wouldn't be able to answer. He was truly a bad interviewer. The other engineers who were more technical didn't appear to be this way.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Synopsys in June 2008.

was asked general questions; then data structures; C; logic or algo related problems on linked list; binary tree; then RAM; MUX based design problems; related to verilog syntaxes; In HR round, lot of questions to probe if will stay in Bangalore; who are my friends circles, where will I stay

Interview Questions
    • Algo to find if two Binary Trees are structurally equivalent   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Synopsys in April 2010.

Got call when applied for a online posting, had a phone interview first and was asked basic questions regarding the job and my experience.

Soon called for in-person interview, met with 4 persons one by one, questions were related to job description and my prior experience. Nothing tough or unusual.

I was told later that hiring manager will proceed for referral check and background processing and let me know when its done. I was informed later that hiring manager went on leave, was dilly-dallied for 7 weeks like this (everyone in hiring went on leave one by one !!).
     Ultimately I received offer from somewhere else and went for it. Their attitude was not professional and transparent.

Interview Questions

Worked for Synopsys? Contribute to the Community!