Synopsys Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair. Initial phone call interview was scheduled for 45 mins. And then, I was called for an onsite interview. It was for around 5 hours. I enjoyed talking to every one during my interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Synopsys

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a 1 Hour long interview, mostly related to C++ as that was what the job involved. The person taking the interview was pretty cool but as this was my first ever interview, I was pretty nervous. Messed up bad because of that.

Interview Questions

• How do you detect a loop in a linked list, how do you convert stack to queue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Synopsys (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had 3 phone calls. The first one was about my resume and the second one after a month was the first interview about data structure and c++ programming. The third call again after a month was about graph theory. Still i am waiting for their decisions although the last interview was more than a month ago.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about some tricky card questions that needed probability knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed in person with about 3 people. One of them was a manager, and 2 engineers. Interview with the engineers went well, but the manager, who also asked me to write programs, didn't quite seem to understand the code. He asked about writing a program to find out the endianess of a machine. When he wasn't sure about the function, he asked "how else can you find out". I said the endianess is also defined in one of the system header files. He then asked "which one?", to which I replied "i don't the exact one, but perhaps machine.h or something like that. A find/grep would take a minute or so." He didn't seem to like the answer, or perhaps wasn't sure himself. In any case, I felt he tried to continue to ask questions just to come to one that I wouldn't be able to answer. He was truly a bad interviewer. The other engineers who were more technical didn't appear to be this way.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

interview was very easy. they ask question about basic C++, some HR questions, about the EDA industry. Then they ask me to complete an exam online, and then I had to solve some math question. I had second interview on quantum VLSI circuit design theory. They aslo asked me question on signal processing and embedded system

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synopsys (Bangalore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Telephonic Round of 1 hour basic DSA questions were asked. 2. Face to face in the company's office at bangalore. Overall interview was based on the basic concepts of oops, dsa, operating system. Graph traversals: DFS, BFS were asked There was in detail project discussion done in the college. Basic array, stack, queues, linked list questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Intersection point of Linked list. 2. Transform an array into stacks 3. Project discussion 4. Operating system concepts thread, process. 5. Breadth first search 6. Depth First search 7. Binary Search trees   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a software engineer position with Coverity (a Synopsys company) and had 5 Phone interviews (4 technical and 1 behavioral with the HR department). One on-site interview with 6 different people from 10am to 3pm (technical) and one take-home assignment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got the job offer for a position at Coverity in Calgary, Canada. They revoked my offer after both me and them had signed it due to my nationality.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys in April 2010.

Interview

Got call when applied for a online posting, had a phone interview first and was asked basic questions regarding the job and my experience. Soon called for in-person interview, met with 4 persons one by one, questions were related to job description and my prior experience. Nothing tough or unusual. I was told later that hiring manager will proceed for referral check and background processing and let me know when its done. I was informed later that hiring manager went on leave, was dilly-dallied for 7 weeks like this (everyone in hiring went on leave one by one !!). Ultimately I received offer from somewhere else and went for it. Their attitude was not professional and transparent.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synopsys (Bangalore (India)) in June 2008.

Interview

was asked general questions; then data structures; C; logic or algo related problems on linked list; binary tree; then RAM; MUX based design problems; related to verilog syntaxes; In HR round, lot of questions to probe if will stay in Bangalore; who are my friends circles, where will I stay

Interview Questions

• Algo to find if two Binary Trees are structurally equivalent   1 Answer