Synopsys Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

3.4

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I gave a presentation before the interview, so the rest of the interview is mostly concerned with that. Also they try to relate the problems they try to solve with my research, quite comfortable conversation and nice people. Very basic programming question and everyone seems to be concerned with how many lines of code you have wrote.

Interview Questions

• Not a particular difficult one. Some of the problems they don't even know the answer, just show your logic of thinking, not necessarily the right result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much to negotiate for a fresh graduate

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

They sent an email to let me know the details of the job requirement and position. We set up a time for the phone interview. The first round of phone interview was conducted by the team lead and went on for about 30 minutes. Then the second round of phone interview was scheduled within the next hour. This was conducted by two members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly programming related. I was asked to write codes over the phone, which was difficult for me, considering my hardware background.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a normal interview like any other company, not much special.

Negotiation

Not much

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed in person with about 3 people. One of them was a manager, and 2 engineers. Interview with the engineers went well, but the manager, who also asked me to write programs, didn't quite seem to understand the code. He asked about writing a program to find out the endianess of a machine. When he wasn't sure about the function, he asked "how else can you find out". I said the endianess is also defined in one of the system header files. He then asked "which one?", to which I replied "i don't the exact one, but perhaps machine.h or something like that. A find/grep would take a minute or so." He didn't seem to like the answer, or perhaps wasn't sure himself. In any case, I felt he tried to continue to ask questions just to come to one that I wouldn't be able to answer. He was truly a bad interviewer. The other engineers who were more technical didn't appear to be this way.

Release and Build Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Std. process in bay area - 1:1 interview with 4-5 team members on technical q's