Synovate Interview Questions

2.3

Vice President Interview

Interview

Brief meeting with direct supervisors

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Synovate (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview a week after I applied online.The interview was friendly and they made you feel at ease at once.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you used multivariate analysis in your current role.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Synovate (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I initially found the job posting on Monster and sent in my resume and cover letter. Within a few days, I was contacted by an HR rep who chatted with me briefly about what I was looking for as well as about a position that he was currently looking to fill. He was extremely transparent about various details of the position such as hours, pay, and opportunities that could arise from it. I was then called in for a group interview with the team I would be working with. It was extremely relaxed but I think this varies depending upon the team you would be working with. The office culture varies GREATLY by account/team but overall is not a very social or young office. The design/layout is open and modern but there is no lounge and the kitchen is mediocre at best. There is a gym and showers in the office, but it is not very nice and does not have much equipment. The whole process was extremely simple-- within a week of my interview a formal offer was made. However, definitely try to negotiate your salary if possible.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you sent out a report to a client and then realized that some of the data was incorrect?   Answer Question
    • If your friends had to describe you as any kind of animal, which animal do you think they would pick and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time I was not aware that I could negotiate, but I would advise anyone interviewing there to definitely negotiate the first offer.

Sampling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Synovate (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

I initially met with 2 managers for a sampling analyst position. They offered me the job but said I was overqualified and recommended I apply for a better position. After interviewing for the better position, I never heard back from anyone at Synovate. I followed up on 3 occasions with HR, and all the individuals I interviewed with, but it was like they abruptly black listed me. I found the whole process to be highly unprofessional and rather embarrassing for their organizational structure.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Synovate? What do you know about the position? How much SAS/excel/access do you use in your current position? No crazy questions, it was all pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Synovate (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

The phone screen and 1:1 interviews were both very standard for a market research position. I was referred by a friend to this position. The only problem was that it took them almost a month to get back to me. Otherwise, there was really no issue.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Synovate (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

I first received an email asking a few screening questions. Then I received a phone interview by a Project Manager. Most of the questions he asked are behavioral questions. He asked about the development cycle at the companies where I worked for. In the panel interview, I was asked to bring writing samples. They also gave me a case to analyze.

Senior Field Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Synovate (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied for the position on the 12th Oct, 2011, was called to go in for an interview on the 3rd November, 2011. Received an email that i was shortlisted on the 11th November, and was told that they are running reference check on the candidates. I wrote a mail to them to enquire about my status on the 17th November and was told that it is still in process till now.

This is way too long a process for a middle management position and the interviewee was not familiar with the supporting documents required to be attached to resume after completion of interview.

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Synovate in October 2011.

Interview

They were creating a new department for which my skills were a great fit. Initial interview was an HR screen who then arranged an interview with the hiring manager (SVP). Interviewed with the SVP once and had several subsequent phone conversations with him. SVP was very easy to talk to and we actually went over the time allotted, as we were quite engaged in how I would be an asset to this new department. He then set me up to meet his counterpart in another part of the organization, as well as the President. I was called back to fill out an application. This was a new department/position and hiring was supposed to happen in the following quarter (for budget reasons). However, they were bought by IPSOS and everything was put on hold. Many (Managing Director, VPs, et al.) assured me that I was a great fit but had to wait given the merger. Although I have described the actual interview process as generally positive, after the merger, despite several attempts to contact them, they left me hanging and I never received any communication as to my status. Needless to say, I moved on.
    Work culture seemed a little disjointed at the time. There did not seem to be a lot of interaction or team-work with other departments. I think the SVP was trying to change that with this position. Some of the other people I spoke with seemed a bit nervous about this new position, some interpreted it as a potential infringement on their territory or wanting to control it.

Interview Questions

• Do you know (name withheld) from your company? Of course not because your departments never talked to each other. That's why we find people from your department usually don't work out.   1 Answer

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Synovate (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in July 2011.

Interview

Was called for the interview. Being interview by two senior researcher but without the HR people. The interview process took around 1 and half hours to complete. 30 minutes for test and another 1 hour for the face to face interview. After 1 week, being called to provide referral information & contact number. Referral really being called. Then HR personal from the company called me up. Explained on the salary, benefits & etc.

Interview Questions

• Please share with us on what kind of tactics you used in doing market research?   1 Answer

Because my current salary is even higher than what being offered. It is pointless if i let go my engineering field and venture into totally new field but with lower salary.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Synovate (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in July 2011.

Interview

I was referred to the CFO by a recruiter and was interviewed by the CFO. It was a pretty standard interview asking why I wanted to leave my previous company and why I wanted to work for this company, what was I interested in doing etc. The CFO was impressed by my passion for the area. The second interview was with my direct boss an MD of one of the business verticals and this was also more of a chat. Neither interview asked technical type questions.

Interview Questions

• (no real difficult questions) Why did I leave my previous company   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy and I was able to get what I wanted, perhaps because I bad been previously working for a more successfu competitor of the Company.