Synovate

Interview Details – Brief meeting with direct supervisors

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Synovate in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of a phone interview a week after I applied online.The interview was friendly and they made you feel at ease at once.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you used multivariate analysis in your current role.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Synovate in January 2011.

Interview Details – I initially found the job posting on Monster and sent in my resume and cover letter. Within a few days, I was contacted by an HR rep who chatted with me briefly about what I was looking for as well as about a position that he was currently looking to fill. He was extremely transparent about various details of the position such as hours, pay, and opportunities that could arise from it. I was then called in for a group interview with the team I would be working with. It was extremely relaxed but I think this varies depending upon the team you would be working with. The office culture varies GREATLY by account/team but overall is not a very social or young office. The design/layout is open and modern but there is no lounge and the kitchen is mediocre at best. There is a gym and showers in the office, but it is not very nice and does not have much equipment. The whole process was extremely simple-- within a week of my interview a formal offer was made. However, definitely try to negotiate your salary if possible.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you sent out a report to a client and then realized that some of the data was incorrect?   Answer Question
  • If your friends had to describe you as any kind of animal, which animal do you think they would pick and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time I was not aware that I could negotiate, but I would advise anyone interviewing there to definitely negotiate the first offer.

Sampling Analyst Interview

Sampling Analyst
Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Synovate in October 2010.

Interview Details – I initially met with 2 managers for a sampling analyst position. They offered me the job but said I was overqualified and recommended I apply for a better position. After interviewing for the better position, I never heard back from anyone at Synovate. I followed up on 3 occasions with HR, and all the individuals I interviewed with, but it was like they abruptly black listed me. I found the whole process to be highly unprofessional and rather embarrassing for their organizational structure.

Interview Question – What do you know about Synovate? What do you know about the position? How much SAS/excel/access do you use in your current position? No crazy questions, it was all pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Synovate in August 2009.

Interview Details – I first received an email asking a few screening questions. Then I received a phone interview by a Project Manager. Most of the questions he asked are behavioral questions. He asked about the development cycle at the companies where I worked for. In the panel interview, I was asked to bring writing samples. They also gave me a case to analyze.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Synovate in June 2010.

Interview Details – The phone screen and 1:1 interviews were both very standard for a market research position. I was referred by a friend to this position. The only problem was that it took them almost a month to get back to me. Otherwise, there was really no issue.

Interview Question – Why Synovate?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Synovate in October 2011.

Interview Details – They were creating a new department for which my skills were a great fit. Initial interview was an HR screen who then arranged an interview with the hiring manager (SVP). Interviewed with the SVP once and had several subsequent phone conversations with him. SVP was very easy to talk to and we actually went over the time allotted, as we were quite engaged in how I would be an asset to this new department. He then set me up to meet his counterpart in another part of the organization, as well as the President. I was called back to fill out an application. This was a new department/position and hiring was supposed to happen in the following quarter (for budget reasons). However, they were bought by IPSOS and everything was put on hold. Many (Managing Director, VPs, et al.) assured me that I was a great fit but had to wait given the merger. Although I have described the actual interview process as generally positive, after the merger, despite several attempts to contact them, they left me hanging and I never received any communication as to my status. Needless to say, I moved on.
Work culture seemed a little disjointed at the time. There did not seem to be a lot of interaction or team-work with other departments. I think the SVP was trying to change that with this position. Some of the other people I spoke with seemed a bit nervous about this new position, some interpreted it as a potential infringement on their territory or wanting to control it.

Interview Question – Do you know (name withheld) from your company? Of course not because your departments never talked to each other. That's why we find people from your department usually don't work out.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Synovate in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to the CFO by a recruiter and was interviewed by the CFO. It was a pretty standard interview asking why I wanted to leave my previous company and why I wanted to work for this company, what was I interested in doing etc. The CFO was impressed by my passion for the area. The second interview was with my direct boss an MD of one of the business verticals and this was also more of a chat. Neither interview asked technical type questions.

Interview Question – (no real difficult questions) Why did I leave my previous company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy and I was able to get what I wanted, perhaps because I bad been previously working for a more successfu competitor of the Company.

Survey Programmer Interview

Survey Programmer
Sofia (Bulgaria)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Synovate in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very short, but consisted of a test for PHP, programming skills etc and test for English. I passed both of them and then finally on the last interview I had to speak with the Senior Management and after this talk I was given an offer.

Interview Question – Q1: How will you count the number of ALL numbers up to 100 which are even?   View Answer

Senior Field Executive Interview

Senior Field Executive
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Synovate in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for the position on the 12th Oct, 2011, was called to go in for an interview on the 3rd November, 2011. Received an email that i was shortlisted on the 11th November, and was told that they are running reference check on the candidates. I wrote a mail to them to enquire about my status on the 17th November and was told that it is still in process till now.

This is way too long a process for a middle management position and the interviewee was not familiar with the supporting documents required to be attached to resume after completion of interview.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Synovate

Worked for Synovate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synovate interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Synovate employees and interview candidates.