Synovate

www.synovate.com

Synovate Interview Questions

2.3

Study Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Synovate in June 2011.

It was a pretty straightforward process. I applied online through the company's website and about a week later I received a phone call and email from one of the Senior Vice President's. We touched base later that day, and set up phone interview. Again, it was pretty clear, she asked me about my qualifications and how they matched with what they were looking for in a candidate. Then we set a time for an in person interview. I was emailed me a list of all the people I would be meeting that day and what their role was within the company. I really appreciated this as it gave me some time to prepare.

The in person interview was actually a lot of fun. The team was great and easy to talk to. Only once before in my life has an interview been so candid and enjoyable. At the end of the interview I was told that I would hear from them in about a week. A week came and went and although the interview was great, I wondered if they had found a better match with someone else. A few days later I was offered the position.

I have to say I really liked their approach for hiring. I have applied to other research firms in the past and I've always felt like a number. With Synovate, from the first interaction it felt personable.

Interview Questions
    • When you entered into graduate school did you want to go into the academic field?   View Answer
    • What do you think you can bring to this company?   View Answer
    I was pleasantly surprised by their offer and saw no need to negotiate.

Remember the first rule to salary negotiation is to be prepared to walk away. After having such great chemistry with all the team members, I wasn't prepared to walk away.

Market Research Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Synovate in January 2011.

Interviewed through a colleague

Survey Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Synovate in October 2010.

The interview was very short, but consisted of a test for PHP, programming skills etc and test for English. I passed both of them and then finally on the last interview I had to speak with the Senior Management and after this talk I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Q1: How will you count the number of ALL numbers up to 100 which are even?   View Answer

Market Research Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Synovate in September 2010.

Initial phone interview was pretty straight forward. I got a call back the next day for interview. The interview was fair.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best idea you came up with during your professional or college career? How did you apply it?   Answer Question

Junior Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Synovate in June 2010.

a 1 on 1 interview. then a week long training...

Research Assistant Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Synovate in September 2009.

Not bad.
    The HR manager asked to me the followings: my family, how to know this company(and field), my highschool life, expecting response in stressful situation, other work experience.
    And I tested translation of english article and interview in english.

Interview Questions
    • Manager expained me some situations.
      1. to finish perfectly defective task, but overdue deadline.
      2. to finish my task within deadline, but have some errors.
      What's your work style? Choose one and expain the reason.

View Answer
    • How about your school life when you were highshool student?   View Answer

Assistant Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Synovate in September 2009.

Brief phone interview questioning skills set, prior work experience and job responsibilities. Interview with hr and division manager in office - given description of job being offered and duties, company background, future prospects. Questioned on personal attributes, intended career path, what you think the job will entail, and your knowledge of the industry and skill set necessary to meet job requirements. Followed by 1 hour case study test using skills required for job.

Interview Questions
    • Mock research project given as case study requiring data mining, basic calculations, charting in excel and power point, creating power point presentation of data, significance test, summary report   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Synovate in May 2009.

Got initially a call from HR, typical HR process. Interesting thing was that HR didn't want to proceed with the interview unless I say range for my salary expectation. Usually salary talk comes later after the interview. The interview was with my supervisor and the VP. The interview went pretty smooth. They made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would deal with a difficult client that expects a results immediately and your team has not gotten the results yet.   Answer Question

Junior Research Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Synovate in June 2008.

started with a milkround application then onto an assessment day (form 9 to 5) with 9 other people
    Mix of aptitude based tests, example presentation based on a samply of mock data and intelligence and verbal reasoning tests.
    Key point was to be sociable but not overpowering, aptitiude wasn't really much of an issue compared to fitting in with the ethos

Interview Questions
    • Presenting the key findings about a selection of data   View Answer
    no negotiation, fixed offer as there was a large pool of applicants - as per most initial graduate vacancies

Internship Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Synovate in January 2008.

I met with two employees. Both were in my department and both were goign to be overseeing my internship responsibilities. They were exptremely friendly and proffesional. They made me feel at ease and offered great insight to the details of the internship. THey mad esure that I was able to ask them any questions that I had concerning my potential duties and they made themselves available to me at anytime for followup questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would I increase the employee engagement into their various programs   Answer Question