Synovate

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Research Interview

Market Research

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Synovate in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed through a colleague

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Research Manager Interview

Research Manager

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Synovate in May 2009.

Interview Details – Got initially a call from HR, typical HR process. Interesting thing was that HR didn't want to proceed with the interview unless I say range for my salary expectation. Usually salary talk comes later after the interview. The interview was with my supervisor and the VP. The interview went pretty smooth. They made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would deal with a difficult client that expects a results immediately and your team has not gotten the results yet.   Answer Question

Senior Researcher Interview

Senior Researcher
Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

The process took a day - interviewed at Synovate in July 2011.

Interview Details – Was called for the interview. Being interview by two senior researcher but without the HR people. The interview process took around 1 and half hours to complete. 30 minutes for test and another 1 hour for the face to face interview. After 1 week, being called to provide referral information & contact number. Referral really being called. Then HR personal from the company called me up. Explained on the salary, benefits & etc.

Interview Question – Please share with us on what kind of tactics you used in doing market research?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because my current salary is even higher than what being offered. It is pointless if i let go my engineering field and venture into totally new field but with lower salary.

Study Director Interview

Study Director

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Synovate in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a pretty straightforward process. I applied online through the company's website and about a week later I received a phone call and email from one of the Senior Vice President's. We touched base later that day, and set up phone interview. Again, it was pretty clear, she asked me about my qualifications and how they matched with what they were looking for in a candidate. Then we set a time for an in person interview. I was emailed me a list of all the people I would be meeting that day and what their role was within the company. I really appreciated this as it gave me some time to prepare.

The in person interview was actually a lot of fun. The team was great and easy to talk to. Only once before in my life has an interview been so candid and enjoyable. At the end of the interview I was told that I would hear from them in about a week. A week came and went and although the interview was great, I wondered if they had found a better match with someone else. A few days later I was offered the position.

I have to say I really liked their approach for hiring. I have applied to other research firms in the past and I've always felt like a number. With Synovate, from the first interaction it felt personable.

Interview Questions

• When you entered into graduate school did you want to go into the academic field?   View Answer
  • What do you think you can bring to this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was pleasantly surprised by their offer and saw no need to negotiate.

Remember the first rule to salary negotiation is to be prepared to walk away. After having such great chemistry with all the team members, I wasn't prepared to walk away.

Market Research Interview

Market Research

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Synovate in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was pretty straight forward. I got a call back the next day for interview. The interview was fair.

Interview Question – What was the best idea you came up with during your professional or college career? How did you apply it?   Answer Question

Junior Research Executive Interview

Junior Research Executive
Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Synovate in June 2010.

Interview Details – a 1 on 1 interview. then a week long training...

Very Easy Interview

Junior Research Executive Interview

Junior Research Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Synovate in June 2008.

Interview Details – started with a milkround application then onto an assessment day (form 9 to 5) with 9 other people
Mix of aptitude based tests, example presentation based on a samply of mock data and intelligence and verbal reasoning tests.
Key point was to be sociable but not overpowering, aptitiude wasn't really much of an issue compared to fitting in with the ethos

Interview Question – Presenting the key findings about a selection of data   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, fixed offer as there was a large pool of applicants - as per most initial graduate vacancies

Internship Interview

Internship

The process took a day - interviewed at Synovate in January 2008.

Interview Details – I met with two employees. Both were in my department and both were goign to be overseeing my internship responsibilities. They were exptremely friendly and proffesional. They made me feel at ease and offered great insight to the details of the internship. THey mad esure that I was able to ask them any questions that I had concerning my potential duties and they made themselves available to me at anytime for followup questions.

Interview Question – How would I increase the employee engagement into their various programs   Answer Question

Assistant Researcher Interview

Assistant Researcher
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Synovate in September 2009.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview questioning skills set, prior work experience and job responsibilities. Interview with hr and division manager in office - given description of job being offered and duties, company background, future prospects. Questioned on personal attributes, intended career path, what you think the job will entail, and your knowledge of the industry and skill set necessary to meet job requirements. Followed by 1 hour case study test using skills required for job.

Interview Question – Mock research project given as case study requiring data mining, basic calculations, charting in excel and power point, creating power point presentation of data, significance test, summary report   Answer Question

Research Assistant Intern Interview

Research Assistant Intern
Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Synovate in September 2009.

Interview Details – Not bad.
The HR manager asked to me the followings: my family, how to know this company(and field), my highschool life, expecting response in stressful situation, other work experience.
And I tested translation of english article and interview in english.

Interview Questions

• Manager expained me some situations.
    1. to finish perfectly defective task, but overdue deadline.
    2. to finish my task within deadline, but have some errors.
    What's your work style? Choose one and expain the reason.
      View Answer