Synovate

www.synovate.com
  www.synovate.com

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

Brief meeting with direct supervisors

Other Interview Reviews for Synovate

Vice President Interview

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Synovate in October 2011.

They were creating a new department for which my skills were a great fit. Initial interview was an HR screen who then arranged an interview with the hiring manager (SVP). Interviewed with the SVP once and had several subsequent phone conversations with him. SVP was very easy to talk to and we actually went over the time allotted, as we were quite engaged in how I would be an asset to this new department. He then set me up to meet his counterpart in another part of the organization, as well as the President. I was called back to fill out an application. This was a new department/position and hiring was supposed to happen in the following quarter (for budget reasons). However, they were bought by IPSOS and everything was put on hold. Many (Managing Director, VPs, et al.) assured me that I was a great fit but had to wait given the merger. Although I have described the actual interview process as generally positive, after the merger, despite several attempts to contact them, they left me hanging and I never received any communication as to my status. Needless to say, I moved on.
    Work culture seemed a little disjointed at the time. There did not seem to be a lot of interaction or team-work with other departments. I think the SVP was trying to change that with this position. Some of the other people I spoke with seemed a bit nervous about this new position, some interpreted it as a potential infringement on their territory or wanting to control it.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know (name withheld) from your company? Of course not because your departments never talked to each other. That's why we find people from your department usually don't work out.   View Answer