Synovus

Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

Interviewed at Synovus

Interview Details – Two interviews. One over the phone and one in person.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Commercial Management Associate Program Interview

Commercial Management Associate Program
Columbia, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Synovus in January 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted an application for the position and received a request for an interview the next day. The phone interview was a qualifying interview (10 mins) just to see if you qualified to move to the one on one interview. After the 10 minute interview was over the interviewer said that they wanted to do an in person interview but the dates had not been set up for that yet. After the interview, I emailed her thanking her for her time and basically saying that I was waiting for the next steps. Two weeks went by and I heard nothing so I sent the recruiter a follow up email, no response, two more weeks went by I followed up again, still no response. She emailed me a week later to set up an in person interview. The in person interview was 30 minutes very standard questions. Although I'm not sure what they were looking for. Interviewer was very nice and it was more of a conversation. Third interview is a panel interview.

Interview Question – What don't you like about your school?
Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a professor and how did you go about expressing the disagreement.
  Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program
Columbus, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Synovus in April 2010.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at university career fair. Contacted for phone screening, then invited for on site interview. Met with a panel of 4 interviewers. I was initially rejected, but called again a month later to be re-interviewed by a new panel of interviewers.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Interview Details – Not bad, make you feel very comfortable

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Commercial Loan Doc Review Interview

Commercial Loan Doc Review

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Synovus.

Interview Details – Apply online and wait to see if they are interested in interviewing you.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, just basic questions   View Answer

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Columbus, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Synovus in January 2013.

Interview Details – Process not to difficult, Most HR is outsourced though.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not difficult

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Synovus.

Interview Details – I had one hour interview with SVP. We had a great conversation about Synovus and the way the bank is headed in the affluent segment. He liked my ideas about in branch training of staff on how to create a referral based system. Hiring manager chose not to interview me.

Interview Question – Strengths and weaknesses. Interviewer concentrated on how other firms run their business model.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Synovus in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, next day I received an email asking to fill out an additional application, which was a little more indepth. That afternoon I received a second email, an invitation to complete a online skills test. It was a bank teller simulation that gives you choices of answers to choose from. How would you respond to th customer in this situation type of thing with some math/cash handling scenarios. The next day, I guess I passed lol cause I received a call with a short phone interview then was asked to come in for a face to face the following morning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/a

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Birmingham, AL

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Synovus in November 2011.

Interview Details – Played phone tag for a while. Scheduled interview with hiring manager over the phone because I was out of state. Phone interview discussed past work experience, did a skills test and chatted about past work culture. Hiring manager was personable and easy to talk to. Personality counts and confidence matters even over the phone.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Offer was very low and decided not to relocate to Birmingham, AL for personal reasons.

Loan Documentation Specialist Interview

Loan Documentation Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Synovus in March 2010.

Interview Details – There was 1 group interview with 4 managers. It was an open and friendly environment and the interviewers made me feel completely at ease. The questions asked were typical interview questions (talking about experience, strengths, and weaknesses, goals, etc...) They provided a very accurate description of the work environment and what is expected of their team members.

Interview Question – List your experience with different technical software/ banking platforms. (Not unexpected, just the most detailed question.)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Synovus

Worked for Synovus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synovus interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Synovus employees and interview candidates.