Synovus Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Synovus (Franklin, TN).

Interview

I applied online. I was then contacted by a recruiter to further complete the application and complete an assessment. Within the next week I was contacted to set up an interview. I went in an had an interview with the branch manager and assistant manager. This branch in particular was looking for someone with previous experience. I was asked questions about my experience and What I thought exceptional customer service was. The remainer of the interview was discussion of the branch and how things work and questions I might have. I was contacted about a week later with an offer.

I declined because of the compensation. I honestly feel like it would be a great place to work but compensation wise it I felt it did not align with my experience and education.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Synovus.

Interview

Applied online and got an email back the same day to complete an online assessment. After I completed that, I got another email maybe a day later wanting me to fill out another application consisting of past work experience and references. I was called a few days later for an interview. Awaiting communication to find out if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe duties in your current job related to this position.   Answer Question
    • Describe customer service and the difference between exceptional and expected customer service.   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Synovus.

Interview

Standard questions. Good personalized interview. General interview questions. Looked into multiple positions. Had to wait a bit to be seen. Interviewed at main building with 2 people ran pretty smooth and they made me feel very comfortable.

Customer Service Representative, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Synovus (Athens, GA).

Interview

Applied for this position 1 week later l was contacted by email to fill a second application, and answer a few questions included in the email. The day after I sent the application I was sent a second email to complete a assessment. The day after I sent the assessment I was sent a email with the date and time I was going to get a phone interview, 2 days later I was called to have a personal interview and 4 days after I had a 3erd telephonic interview with the call center manager and next day I was offered the position with a great pay.

Interview Questions

• For me the most difficult was the assessment it was 45 mins long.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't had to negotiate perfect pay.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Synovus.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. First interview consisted of current and past job questions with the branch manager. Second interview consisted of more behavioral questions with a higher up. Overall, nothing too bad as long as your honest with your answers!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. You get an offer letter with what they're willing to give you. I was very pleased with my offer!

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

Two interviews. One over the phone and one in person.

Training Program Interview

Interview

Not bad, make you feel very comfortable

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Synovus.

Interview

Apply online and wait to see if they are interested in interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, just basic questions   1 Answer

Commercial Management Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Synovus (Columbia, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application for the position and received a request for an interview the next day. The phone interview was a qualifying interview (10 mins) just to see if you qualified to move to the one on one interview. After the 10 minute interview was over the interviewer said that they wanted to do an in person interview but the dates had not been set up for that yet. After the interview, I emailed her thanking her for her time and basically saying that I was waiting for the next steps. Two weeks went by and I heard nothing so I sent the recruiter a follow up email, no response, two more weeks went by I followed up again, still no response. She emailed me a week later to set up an in person interview. The in person interview was 30 minutes very standard questions. Although I'm not sure what they were looking for. Interviewer was very nice and it was more of a conversation. Third interview is a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What don't you like about your school?
      Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a professor and how did you go about expressing the disagreement.

Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Synovus.

Interview

I had one hour interview with SVP. We had a great conversation about Synovus and the way the bank is headed in the affluent segment. He liked my ideas about in branch training of staff on how to create a referral based system. Hiring manager chose not to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses. Interviewer concentrated on how other firms run their business model.   Answer Question