Syntel

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Programmer Interview

- useless, and u will hear embarrassing questions like "do u have real experience or it is fake experience?"
- After joining had an opportunity to face some good interview from business/syntel clients

Interview Questions
  • nothing, except embarassing questions like do u have real experience or it is fake experience?   Answer Question
Use less, its personal dependencies...made me to choose at that time in 2008. And it is onsite made me to stick to the same company 9 years .

Other Interview Reviews for Syntel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Syntel in September 2009.

Technical Test, Technical interview, HR interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Syntel in August 2009.

Got the interview call from Employee referral...
    Had 4 rounds of interviews on - Processes, Technical Background, Leadership experience, Client facing experience, Situation that i was through...
    Then had a 2 rounds with HR for compensation... went well and I accepted offer

Interview Questions
    • How do you get the new proposals sanctioned from client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Syntel in January 2008.

The interview was started with screening test on phone. then they explained about role and asked me the comfort level. They asked me many basic day to day roles questions and then scheduled for next day of the interview.

Next day, they interviewed me on weblogic 8.1 and java basic questions and then conferenced me with the client interview, the client asked me very small and few questions related with weblogic and JDBC.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Syntel.

Recruited in pool campus. We had written test (verbal and analytical) followed by group discussion. After that was technical round and HR round.

The written test was a little difficult. The group discussion topic was interesting. Technical round and HR round was easy. Got an offer within 2 weeks.

Basic math and programming skills is enough to pass the test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Syntel.

I was selected as a Graduate Engineer Trainee from on-campus recruitment process. One integrated interview was conducted which involved technical questions which entails the Object oriented programming concepts and Algorithms corresponding to various sort methods. It was worth mentioning the short term and long term goal as the final answer to the question asked by my interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding algorithms of SORT techniques.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Syntel.

It took over 2 years to complete the process ! Involved aptitude test, tech test, tech interview, GD. Once qualified, they kept me on hold for 2 years. Again another round of tech test, tech interview and HR interview before the offer was finally made.

Interview Questions
    Since it was entry level role, did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Syntel in May 2012.

it was good to interview but was disappointed with the result

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Syntel in March 2012.

Firstly they conduct an online written test conducted all over India in colleges that have registered with them.
    It consists of aptitude, reasoning, english and technical questions. 45 questions in 45 minutes.
    Then the results are announced in a couple of weeks and selected students are called for interview.
    Interview consists of Group Discussion round. After passing this there is an Interview for checking the technical skills.
    Then there is a personal interview where general questions are asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Syntel in March 2012.

The interview process was quite transparent. But the after interview process was not so nice.

No Negotiation.