Syntel Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sparks Glencoe, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Sparks Glencoe, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Syntel in December 2013.

Two rounds of technical interview, 1 HR round. TEchnical interview depends on the client/project which you are hired for. Some of the clients expect highly techie profiles in such cases the interview will be challenging. techincal skype interviews, also candidates will be asked to write programs

Java Developer Interview

interviewed at Syntel in May 2014.

It was a phone interview a week after recruiter called me. It took about 30 minutes and questions are not hard. Some basic java programming questions, and design patterns.

Project Lead Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Syntel in January 2013.

Applied online through job search portel. Got a calls from HRs from different locations across USA. Phone Interview was scheduled and was average. After several weeks I again got a call from HR that I was selected and should expect calls from different projects

No negotiation

Business Systems Analystd Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Syntel in October 2010.

Interview process was not organized , wait period was too long . And because of the wait period , some of the candidates were being asked to come some other day.

Project Lead II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Syntel in March 2013.

Applied through employee reference - 1 HR and 1 Technical interview both telephonic, within a week and then offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tech interview - as expected all technical questions related to my work experience to check if I really worked on the technologies I listed.   Answer Question
    offer was close to my expectation with some variables; so negotiated for basic and it was in my favor.

Analyst Programmer I Interview

1. Written Technical test -Objective
    2. Technical face to Face interview
    3. HR interviewe

Interview Questions
    • Give me your three weekness. Wasnt prepared for the question.   View Answer
    No Negotiation. I was a Fresher and accepted what I was offered.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syntel in November 2013.

I was referred for the position by a friend. The first contact was from her asking for my resume to pass on. Then,

1 - a quick call with a few potential peers, they then reached out to their HR team to set up a follow up call
    2 - a longer call with the potential peers, going more into depth about my background and the position
    3 - a quick call with one of the managers responsible for the client I'd be working with
    4 - an informal offer email and an invite in to the office to discuss next steps. (I asked several questions, and for details on the benefits package. The benefits details were provided right away.)
    5 - on arriving at the office, the senior delivery manager spoke with me briefly - partly welcoming me to the organization (though I hadn't actually accepted yet) and giving me more info about the position
    6 - filled out the paperwork needed to enable the system to generate the formal offer letter. Then reminded the HR rep that I needed the answers to my questions, which he provided.
    7 - drug test
    8 - client background check

It all seemed a bit disorganized - for example, each call was arranged just 20-60 minutes a head of time - but was complete quickly. Less than two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is a lockbox? The role was related to AR, but this question seemed almost to basic   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation was possible. They'd asked for my salary requirement early on and made their 'best offer' on salary with the initial offer. They did add the bonus. Vacation was not negotiable.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Syntel in December 2010.

I joined Syntel in US at Chicago for technical architect position, it was a two step interview process which was purely on specific domain (in my case Insurance) and then offer was rolled out. The job as well as client was very good learning experience and Syntel stuck to his promises (largely due to my reporting manager). So if your rapport with reporting manager is good, you will have a very good time in this company.

Interview Questions
    • Technical design questions such as Estimate for Agile projects, Agile project structure etc.. were few frequently asked questions for PM.   Answer Question
    No negotiations were offered except relocation benefits.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syntel in October 2013.

I received a total of 5 calls within a 2 week period. 2 basic interviews and one for salary negotiation etc. Waiting for offer letter from they. The communication was very good and i was asked simple questions during the interviews. An opportunity for salary negotiations was provided by the interviewer.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Syntel in April 2010.

Interview with client and staffing manager. It went very quickly, all over the phone. Technical questions from the client and very little from the Syntel Hiring Manager. Good feedback after the interview and good communication. Initial impression was one of a good, solid organization to work with. The interview to start date was moved to a quick pace.

Interview Questions
    It was easy and fairly straight forward. Not a lot of wiggle room due to it being a contract position with one of their clients. Margins needed to be maintained.

Worked for Syntel? Contribute to the Community!