Syntel

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.9

Test Manager Interview

Average. Not much complex. Quiet average questions on Test Automation specific to tools. Questions around manual and automation process. Average. Not much complex. Quiet average questions on Test Automation specific to tools. Questions around manual and automation process.

Interview Questions
    • Average. Not much complex. Quiet average questions on Test Automation specific to tools. Questions around manual and automation process.   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Syntel.

through employee reference and consultancy. then the company takes telephonic round. they check communication skills and back ground details. if candidate is good then they take technical interview.
    there would be 2-3 technical round. once all rounds cleared then they will take PM round.

Project Lead I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Syntel.

Hiring process is more of chance
    1.Hr phone call
    2,Tech round
    3.Client round
    4.Offer

If you don't ask for GC they will hire you .
    Large cient base so not sure for whcich client i was getting interviewed .
    Benefits not that great .

Analyst Programmer Interview

- useless, and u will hear embarrassing questions like "do u have real experience or it is fake experience?"
    - After joining had an opportunity to face some good interview from business/syntel clients

Interview Questions
    • nothing, except embarassing questions like do u have real experience or it is fake experience?   Answer Question
    Use less, its personal dependencies...made me to choose at that time in 2008. And it is onsite made me to stick to the same company 9 years .

Java Developer Interview

interviewed at Syntel in May 2014.

It was a phone interview a week after recruiter called me. It took about 30 minutes and questions are not hard. Some basic java programming questions, and design patterns.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Syntel in March 2014.

- I applied online and HR called for salary details and other stuff. Also, the first on-call interview was scheduled.
    - It went fine and then was the second round. It also went fine.
    - Checked back with recruiter in 2 weeks time and I was told, that position is on hold.
    - Got a call back from new recruiter after another 2 weeks, for the another position.
    - Had a two rounds again. One on phone , one skype. Cleared both.
    - Checked with recruiter, who said there is another round. I asked him that I was told that skype was the last round. Recruiter was clueless about the type of round. After some days he came back that it is a managerial round.
    - I attended the interview and cleared it. Got an offer.

- Rejected the offer for below reasons:
    a. There was no clear communication during the whole interview process. Took 5 interviews over a span of 3 months, after multiple follow ups
    b.During the skype interview, One manager was pretty rude, when I said I was looking to work more in development projects, as compared to support projects. It gave me a clear indication of things to come.
    c. There was no clear project, for which they planned on hiring.
    d. the offer was above what competitors pays but lower considering that it was only 15% increment over my current. Additionally, the number of PTO was going to reduce by 8 leaves, which would have meant that my current salary+benefits were more as compared to what they were offering.
    d. Recruiter didn't even call once to discuss the salary after I cleared all the interviews.

Interview Questions

c. There was no clear project, for which they planned on hiring.

Analyst Programmer I Interview

1. Written Technical test -Objective
    2. Technical face to Face interview
    3. HR interviewe

Interview Questions
    • Give me your three weekness. Wasnt prepared for the question.   View Answer
    No Negotiation. I was a Fresher and accepted what I was offered.

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks Glencoe, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks Glencoe, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Syntel in December 2013.

Two rounds of technical interview, 1 HR round. TEchnical interview depends on the client/project which you are hired for. Some of the clients expect highly techie profiles in such cases the interview will be challenging. techincal skype interviews, also candidates will be asked to write programs

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Syntel.

It was a two stage interview. Questions were related to day to day business analyst work and challenges I faced.

Interview Questions
    The HR was very good at his job. There was no negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syntel in November 2013.

I was referred for the position by a friend. The first contact was from her asking for my resume to pass on. Then,

1 - a quick call with a few potential peers, they then reached out to their HR team to set up a follow up call
    2 - a longer call with the potential peers, going more into depth about my background and the position
    3 - a quick call with one of the managers responsible for the client I'd be working with
    4 - an informal offer email and an invite in to the office to discuss next steps. (I asked several questions, and for details on the benefits package. The benefits details were provided right away.)
    5 - on arriving at the office, the senior delivery manager spoke with me briefly - partly welcoming me to the organization (though I hadn't actually accepted yet) and giving me more info about the position
    6 - filled out the paperwork needed to enable the system to generate the formal offer letter. Then reminded the HR rep that I needed the answers to my questions, which he provided.
    7 - drug test
    8 - client background check

It all seemed a bit disorganized - for example, each call was arranged just 20-60 minutes a head of time - but was complete quickly. Less than two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is a lockbox? The role was related to AR, but this question seemed almost to basic   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation was possible. They'd asked for my salary requirement early on and made their 'best offer' on salary with the initial offer. They did add the bonus. Vacation was not negotiable.