Syntel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

Questions based on resume

Interview Questions

• matching of my profile with their requirement   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Syntel in April 2010.

Interview

Interview with client and staffing manager. It went very quickly, all over the phone. Technical questions from the client and very little from the Syntel Hiring Manager. Good feedback after the interview and good communication. Initial impression was one of a good, solid organization to work with. The interview to start date was moved to a quick pace.

Interview Questions

• What is the most import role of a PM.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy and fairly straight forward. Not a lot of wiggle room due to it being a contract position with one of their clients. Margins needed to be maintained.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Technical Test, Technical interview, HR interview

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2009.

Interview

Got the interview call from Employee referral... Had 4 rounds of interviews on - Processes, Technical Background, Leadership experience, Client facing experience, Situation that i was through... Then had a 2 rounds with HR for compensation... went well and I accepted offer

Interview Questions

• How do you get the new proposals sanctioned from client?   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Syntel (Miami, FL) in July 2009.

Interview

I was contacted about a position in Miami, FL because they thought it was close to where I lived (I live in Florida, but about 12 hours away from Miami). Regardless, the first recruiter (who was located in India) still scheduled an interview with the hiring manager (who was also in India). I had to take the interview call very early in the morning because, which I would soon learn is the norm, nobody I could speak to was actually in the United States. After a very tough interview, I was asked if I had any questions, and I asked, "What percentage of your workforce is in the United States?" The response was a canned corporate profile. I told him he did not answer my question, and asked again. After several attempts, he finally told me that less than 20% of the Syntel workforce was outside of India. I was asked during the interview several times how I would "approach" convincing major U.S. corporations to outsource their IT departments. I could not answer this question satisfactorily, because I do not fundamentally believe that it is in the best interest of a corporation, or our country, to outsource American jobs to India. Especially when I am having difficulty finding an IT job myself. I was not given an offer, but even if I was, I would have refused it. Syntel is an IT outsourcing shop, and I don't want that on my conscience.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a large American client that outsourcing their IT department is in their best interest?   2 Answers

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Syntel (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2008.

Interview

The interview process was pathetic, they asked some very irrelevant questions, it was a just a single telephonic interview, I guess they desperately needed some one.

Interview Questions

• Not a difficult one but they asked me for my past experience and then every thing related to my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation I got what I have asked for in terms of annual Salary right away, not a great company to work for tough, no proper process in place I took the offer because I didn't have any other one. There is no proper growth plan in the company and they don't offer any benefits

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview was started with screening test on phone. then they explained about role and asked me the comfort level. They asked me many basic day to day roles questions and then scheduled for next day of the interview. Next day, they interviewed me on weblogic 8.1 and java basic questions and then conferenced me with the client interview, the client asked me very small and few questions related with weblogic and JDBC.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syntel (Detroit, MI) in December 2007.

Interview

It was an interview to get postion of onsite co-ordinator for our client. The interview was telephonic taken by Project Manager handling our module (Floorplan finance). Interview mostly had technical questions on mainframe. Other questions were compare our company with competitors, what should be done to improve our position in industry etc. It was a good process and quite a nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the dealer floorplan financing in detail.   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Syntel (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

1. Aptitude Test (more questions less time) 2. I got a call for interview at Pune after 4 months. 3. Group Discussion 4. Technical interview 5. HR Interview It was quite crowded at the interview location. Some hassle was inevitable. Although inducing some frustration was expected, the management personnel expressed it heavily at few moments.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syntel (Thiruvananthapuram (India)).

Interview

It was a 3 step process.. 1st they conduct a free speech round.. You just have to speak well.. 2nd Aptitude test, very easy to clear.. Just basic Maths and English 3rd HR interview.. Got intend letter on the same date