Syntel Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.9

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Syntel in January 2015.

1. Telephonic Technical Round
    2. Face to Face Round with the Delivery Head
    3. HR Interview

Entirely simply process and experience is very easy. Good 1 hour technical interview asked basic java questions to Design Principles.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between RESTFul Service and SOAP Webservice   Answer Question
    Yes i am able to negotiate upfront and got the offer as per my expectation. But there is around 15% Variable pay component in the salary.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Syntel.

F2F iinterview. 2 technical rounds and 1 HR round. Interview process is quite simple. Lot of oppurtunities.F2F iinterview. 2 technical rounds and 1 HR round. Interview process is quite simple. Lot of oppurtunities.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Syntel in December 2014.

1. giving description like where you stay, educational qualification and experience etc. Just a brief about yourself.
    2. Essay " Is fashion important"
    3.Aptitude test
    4. hr round( questions about what is capital market, bonds, bank reconciliation, ratios, derivatives,accounting principles,debentuesetc just basic questions.
    5 operational round
    its easy and just be confident.

Interview Questions
    • everything was easy. just be good in capital markets,derivatives and accounts   Answer Question

Salary was not according to my expectations.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Syntel.

Recruited in pool campus. We had written test (verbal and analytical) followed by group discussion. After that was technical round and HR round.

The written test was a little difficult. The group discussion topic was interesting. Technical round and HR round was easy. Got an offer within 2 weeks.

Basic math and programming skills is enough to pass the test.

Project Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Syntel.

Initially it will be a telephonoc round followed by 1to 1 or skype interview. Interview process continued up to 3 weeks. RMG team is quite helpful and they will help throughout onboarding process in company.

NA

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Syntel in October 2014.

Online test followed by GD ,TR ,HR.. all the rounds are very easy ,you have to be confident enough to clear each and evry round.. clear the online test and rest is piece of cake.
    For TR prepare PROJECT THOROUGHLY and basic C programs asked in every interview.
    I wish u luck... and looking forward to see u in syntel..Consider IT done...

salary is 2,90000 pa /-

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Syntel.

First they conducted the written test, then group discussion for the people who are shortlisted from the written test. Then Technical interview followed by a HR interview. My GD topic is Women can be good manages are not

Interview Questions
    • which software you like the most and justify why you like it   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Syntel in September 2014.

I had got call from monstercollege.the first round was apti and English.very easy..next was GD .this is mahor elimination round..topic was easy of GD..just be confident and speak valid point..next round was technical..very basic q are asked and hr was last..mind it my hr took my stress intrciew..like he asked me" what if I am rejecting u today "to check how easily I loose my patience and temperament to answer in low situation..rest process is okay

Interview Questions
    • During technical I was asked my fav 3,subject and what r there benefit to study..like why software engg..types of testing and sdlc..   View Answer
    For freshers package of 2.9 is fix

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Syntel in September 2014.

On 02nd august 2014, there were aptitude test. It have 3 sections reasoning, verbal and aptitude. Each section have 30 q and for each section time duration was 20 min. So 90 q in 60 min. I felt that it's all about on time management. Test was not much tough. What you need to do is, manage your timings. If you able to do so then you will surely crack this part without any hurdles.

On 25th August I got the call letter for further interview process. Interview at Syntel (Pune) on 18th September. There were 3 stages in interview process. All considered as a elimination stage. First one was GD. Group of 10 members was formed and given 2 min exactly for preparing on "India- A soft Nation".

Disappointed that I was not able to initiate even when I have a point and proper explanation on hand. But I rapt attention of others quickly and made my points with examples in firm voice.So at last they asked individual. Just because we made some good points. 5 out of 10 selected. There was not any fixed criteria of selection. I also heard that in many group all was selected and in many 2 or 3 selected.

Now turn for technical round, 7 panels running. Luckily I got a very genuine panel. He has down to earth nature and very frank. I grabbed his attention by saying good noon in replied he did firm handshake and gave positive gestures. He asked tell me about yourself. After that he asked my interested subject. I'm from CSE. So I told him that I have only knowledge about C.

He asked me data link list, draw it's diagram, types of linked list etc. Then asked concept of stack, Fibonacci series etc. Then he gave me a kind of puzzle but it was time consuming. I did my best but not got d exact answer. But he appreciates that you have done good. I told him give me 2 mins I will bring you answer. But he said its ok I got your logic. He asked my area of exposure in Syntel.

Then asked about final year project, impressed on my project. Latter he asked me some questions based on my project. As I told he was impressed with project, so it took 20 min. Overall interview run for 40 - 45 mins. At Last he told me I have done, anything would you know from me? I asked that what the career paths available in the company are. He replied too genuinely. After 10 mins I had to knew that I cleared. After 45 mins I called for hr round.

Hr took 20 mins. She asked me tell me about yourself, describe in detail of your family background, how can you differ from other candidates, values of Syntel (speed, synergy. etc. ) , companies recent achievements, if your joining location will be Chennai den?, did you appeared for interview in any mnc, why would you join Syntel. And last she said I've done. You can asked me questions. I asked how the company has been affected by recession, what are the incentive for your top performer. After 20 mins they said you are selected.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all questions asked by the HR were easy and answerable. But some questions were a bit tricky. you just have to be prompt and confident while answering the questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Syntel in September 2014.

An online test was conducted in June 2014 which had questions on aptiude, reasoning, english. Students from across India appeared for this time based test.
    Later, in September 2014 there were 3 more rounds:

1) GD - My topic was should president rule be applied to fight terrorism. they selected based on words/vocabulary, facts mentioned and also whether you sticked to your point till end.

2) Technical Interview- Lasted for 50 minutes(for others it was less, around 20-30 minutes). I had mentioned my actual interest (Data warehousing and Hadoop) and the Interviewer happened to be working in the same domain so it went bit long and quite good. We had healthy discussions over technology, I also got to learn few points from the interviewer.
    IMHO, Please be honest about you interest. It will boost your morale even if you don't get offer.

3) HR Interview- Lasted for 35 minutes+ . I was asked a brief introduction, are you fine with any location?, What is trending in IT these days?, What is your interest?, Why are your marks so low?. There was a report card kind of thing, and till then end scores were entered after each round. Based on that cumulative score, you get shortlisted finally.

4) Documentation round- This was an informal round I guess were we(selected ones) were explained about the Background verification process, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why Data warehousing? End to end architecture? Explain Schemas available? Who is known as Father of Data Warehousing? Explain Joins with examples?   View Answer
    • Why your marks are consistently low?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for this entry level Job. They come with a fixed salary package, you accept it or leave.