Syntel

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Syntel.

There was an online aptitude test in the beginning which was held at our college, followed by group discussion and finally interview. Apti was fairly easy. Duration was around 45 minutes. After selection in the same, we were called for GD at their Powai office. Those of us who got selected in the GD were called for interviews sometime later.

Interview Questions
    • What is cloud computing? Besides that basic coding questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vijayawāda (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vijayawāda (India)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Syntel in August 2014.

Attend via monster college for written exam after 1 month of waiting i received i am shortlisted and again 2 months of waiting i got information regarding further rounds and then got succeeded in the interview

Software Engineer Interview

first round-aptitude test,
    second round-group discussion
    third round-technical discussion
    fourth round-HR interview

most difficultis to cross the ptitude test.
    for the later round if you have somewhat grasp on your min subjects andenglish'it's very easy.

Interview Questions
    • why you want to join IT being your stream a non-IT   View Answer

Financial Analyst- Back Office Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airoli (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Syntel in July 2014.

I had applied through online and get call from HR. of Syntel on 1st august,2014 and she sheduled my interview on 4th august. so i reach their office located at Mind Space,Airoli-Navi Mumbai. after gate pass n all security process their security guard take me to One hall which is full of crowde,n then i know that its walk-in going on(student from all gratuation background i.e. B.MS. B.Com,B.F.M.) for that job position came their for interview.as their was no place or chairs vaccant so many of them stand their.then almost after waiting for 30 minutes,HR come and she told that we have to register first on their pc. so one by one candidate send to registration room so this take almost n hour.after that round was started as their is so many number of candidate she make batches1.2.3.
    I remember there were total 64 candidates as i saw the list wher each n candidate have to fill their name n mobile no.Their was total of 4/5 rounds details are as follows.

1st Round- Speech Round- this is just basic round where they give chance to evry one to speek but in this HR had give hardly 3-4 seconds to everyone n then interupt and ask about experiance or other basic if required.( In this round also 2-4 candidates got elimnated on the background of non full fillement of crietaria such as not having experiance letter or not having mark sheets or already applied within last 3 monts,etc.) overall this round was just waste of time.

2nd Round- Essay Writing Round, here one sheet given to all candidate to write essay as topic was same for evryone topic given to us was ' Day in Rainy Season'so after essay round hr give us break oe 30 minutes but wich is eventually extend upto 1Hr.then she declared result.in this round also they elimnate 4 candidates. the basic importance given to Grammer in essay.

3rd Round- After Essay they conduct Apptitude round,generally they conduct apptitude online but on that they thieir are 50 candidates n they having 11 pc only so they take paper based apptitude test. so she give instruction to us that it should be 20 minutes test.and test was started, ite total 3 section
    1st section- Quants n Maths 10-12 question which is not difficult but time consuming as no calculator allowed n also have time restriction of 20 minutes.question abt Train Speed,Multipiction,etc
    2nd section-Its Logic section again 10 question n it was about genral logic like Seriese,odd Man out,etc
    3rd Section-English-10 question related to Grammer,Synnomus,etc
    After this round we have to wait almost for 1.30 hours for result,its almost 6.o'clock .then she declare result,in this round they mask elimanate and just select 10-15 candidates for next round.

4th Round- on same day they counduct 4th round which is 1:1 interview with HR. all of us fed up with whole day process so not inrested to give interview on same day,but HR told she will anyhow wants to complete process on same day.so interview was started. its matter of 4-5 minutes interview of each candidate.in this round very common question asked like fammily background n personal deatails n ability to work in night shifts ,etc. so after conduct of this round she told that all of you can leave now and we can call selected candidates for last technical round.

5th Round- On next day called us for next and last round. so i reach their office next day around 4p.m
    when i reach i saw to candidates from last day it mean they just selct 3 of us for last round,i really amaze because how they elimnate 10 didates from just basic interview round,anyway theen almost waiting of 1 hr,we saw once again similar process of walk-in go side by side with group of other candidate. then she called one person whoes going to take our interview.then she called us one by one. when i enterd the interview room that person ask me to seat,he having my cv. in his hand, which he closely reading,then he started he ask why you want to join Syntel,then Wt is Capital Market,What is Derivitives,Differnce between hedge Fund and Mutual Fund,Differnce Between Finance n Accounting. so whole interview goes smoothly n i think i answerd each n every question which he asked, so after some time HR ma'm called me and told that you got selected but we can offer you upto17k maximum, on that i said but during first call only i clearly told that my minimum expection was 22 and that ma'm said ok you can come for interview an now you saying that we can offer this much only,so she said look this is wt can we offer if you want to join then join otherwise free to move.
    So i said ok i am not intersted.Than you for calling me

Interview Questions
    • What is Capital Market ,Differnce Between Finance& Accounting   Answer Question

Its continues night shift and they offering too less salary around 17,000 to me as i did my master i am not ready on this package( i asked for minmum 20-22k), they prefer to select graduate level student on salary range of 12-13k monthly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Syntel.

totally four rounds
    1.General apps
    2.GD (my topic was Is India or china better in software industry )
    3.Technical ( Sql,C,a++,java,Html.. etc along with some basic HR questions) lasted for 30 to 40 mins.
    4.HR

final round is the difficult one .it's kind of stress test .

Trainee Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airoli (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Syntel in July 2014.

hello.. i went for interview in syntel and process took one day.they have only 5 rounds :
    Free speech round (speak on any topic not related to finance)
    Essay writing (Easy)
    Apptitute test (Easy)
    HR (Family background or capital market, mutual funds)
    Operations
    All are easy.They will grill you in opeartions.

Trainee Interview

interviewed at Syntel in July 2014.

On campus selection. Online aptitude test in college and for the interview we were called to Pune. The first round was a GD round where the topic was 'women can be better managers'. After clearing that round we had the technical interview which went on for about 20mins. After that I had my HR round where he asked me about my background, current news in India, am I willing to relocate.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Java questions, different process models, sql queries about joins, java frameworks   Answer Question

Software Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Syntel in July 2014.

First we were asked to give an online aptitude test.then after a month of wait finally got an email for the further rounds in pune.The first round was GD followed by an technical which actually went on for like around 40-45mins.It was tedious.The overall experience was ok.

Interview Questions
    • The question which took me off guard was he made to solve an geometry question form 9th std. because he thought that since i had lots of certificates he was actually under the impression that i'll remember the method to solve the question(come on dude its like being 7yrs that i gave my 9th its impossible to remember the method).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Syntel in July 2014.

4 rounds
    1.Apti-Quant,verbal,LR
    2.GD
    3.TI
    4.HR
    Applied through college.Aptitude was easy to crack.GD topic was ARE INDIANS ARE LESS QUALITY CONSCIOUS?.
    My TI was good.
    In HR she asked me only four general questions.But i got rejected I dont no why.I asked reason but she told me that we dont have any specific reason.

Interview Questions
    • interviewer can ask anything mentioned in resume   View Answer

Test Analyst Interview

1st round was GD and they gave a general topic and asked to discuss for a while.
    2nd round was Aptitude and it was a tough round since there were too many questions and it was hard to manage the time.
    3rd round was Technical: Anybody could get through this round if you're thorough in the fundamentals. I was asked with some basic Software Engineering questions, Software Testing questions and they asked me to write a program. This round was a bit easy.
    4th round was HR: It was the easiest round. HR was polite and asked me some general questions.

Finally, after a week I got a mail stating that I had been selected.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question to be specific except the Aptitude round.   Answer Question