Syntel

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Syntel in September 2009.

Technical Test, Technical interview, HR interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syntel in October 2013.

I received a total of 5 calls within a 2 week period. 2 basic interviews and one for salary negotiation etc. Waiting for offer letter from they. The communication was very good and i was asked simple questions during the interviews. An opportunity for salary negotiations was provided by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Syntel in March 2014.

- I applied online and HR called for salary details and other stuff. Also, the first on-call interview was scheduled.
    - It went fine and then was the second round. It also went fine.
    - Checked back with recruiter in 2 weeks time and I was told, that position is on hold.
    - Got a call back from new recruiter after another 2 weeks, for the another position.
    - Had a two rounds again. One on phone , one skype. Cleared both.
    - Checked with recruiter, who said there is another round. I asked him that I was told that skype was the last round. Recruiter was clueless about the type of round. After some days he came back that it is a managerial round.
    - I attended the interview and cleared it. Got an offer.

- Rejected the offer for below reasons:
    a. There was no clear communication during the whole interview process. Took 5 interviews over a span of 3 months, after multiple follow ups
    b.During the skype interview, One manager was pretty rude, when I said I was looking to work more in development projects, as compared to support projects. It gave me a clear indication of things to come.
    c. There was no clear project, for which they planned on hiring.
    d. the offer was above what competitors pays but lower considering that it was only 15% increment over my current. Additionally, the number of PTO was going to reduce by 8 leaves, which would have meant that my current salary+benefits were more as compared to what they were offering.
    d. Recruiter didn't even call once to discuss the salary after I cleared all the interviews.

Interview Questions

c. There was no clear project, for which they planned on hiring.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Syntel in January 2008.

The interview was started with screening test on phone. then they explained about role and asked me the comfort level. They asked me many basic day to day roles questions and then scheduled for next day of the interview.

Next day, they interviewed me on weblogic 8.1 and java basic questions and then conferenced me with the client interview, the client asked me very small and few questions related with weblogic and JDBC.