Syntel Programmer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

28 interviews

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Syntel in September 2009.

Technical Test, Technical interview, HR interview

Other Interview Reviews for Syntel

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Syntel in August 2009.

Got the interview call from Employee referral...
    Had 4 rounds of interviews on - Processes, Technical Background, Leadership experience, Client facing experience, Situation that i was through...
    Then had a 2 rounds with HR for compensation... went well and I accepted offer

Interview Questions
    • How do you get the new proposals sanctioned from client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Syntel in January 2008.

The interview was started with screening test on phone. then they explained about role and asked me the comfort level. They asked me many basic day to day roles questions and then scheduled for next day of the interview.

Next day, they interviewed me on weblogic 8.1 and java basic questions and then conferenced me with the client interview, the client asked me very small and few questions related with weblogic and JDBC.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Syntel in January 2009.

Was hired as a Campus hire as a Fresher; It was a strenuous process back in 2006, 3 written - 1 English Comprehension, 1 - Puzzles, 1- Quantitative Aptitude
    Followed by 2 interview - HR and Technical

Generally the process recently has been more smoother what I have heard, and if you make it till the interview and have decent communication you should be able to make it

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Syntel.

I was selected as a Graduate Engineer Trainee from on-campus recruitment process. One integrated interview was conducted which involved technical questions which entails the Object oriented programming concepts and Algorithms corresponding to various sort methods. It was worth mentioning the short term and long term goal as the final answer to the question asked by my interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding algorithms of SORT techniques.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Syntel in November 2011.

Campus selection,At first an online aptitude test was conducted where only 5% students were selected who were called at a certain venue on a specific date for further rounds like G.D,technical interview and HR interview and then finally a month later a list was sent to the college TPO to inform the selected candidates about the same.

Interview Questions
    • Use 10 trees and plant them in 4 rows such that each row has atleast 4 trees   View Answers (6)
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Syntel in March 2012.

The interview process was quite transparent. But the after interview process was not so nice.

No Negotiation.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Syntel.

It took over 2 years to complete the process ! Involved aptitude test, tech test, tech interview, GD. Once qualified, they kept me on hold for 2 years. Again another round of tech test, tech interview and HR interview before the offer was finally made.

Interview Questions
    Since it was entry level role, did not negotiate

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bhubaneswar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Syntel in October 2011.

Campus Recruitment : - The whole process starts from registration of college and its student at the college level as well as by students through monster... i will be writhing the whole process in steps:-
    Step 1- College and student registration.
    Step 2- Online Exam by Syntel in the respective college campus. Be aware syntel members may not be present but they will be tracking your IPs so dont cheat.
    Step 3- Once you qualify the test you along with other student from different college are called in a venue for INTERVIEW. the interview has three parts
    part 1- Group Discussion
    part 2- Technical Interview
    Part 3- Personal Interview
    Group discussion is easy one they only check if you are expressive, vocabulary, and how quickly u gather information and present.
    technical questions are mostly related to C/C++ and java. if you belong to other branch then your branch subjects.
    personal interview...u know it.

Interview Questions
    • They Asked me "We want to send you abroad and your parent denied for that what will you do?"   View Answer
    Always Be original on your part...and in studies u don't have to know all the things...just be confident about what you know

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Syntel in June 2008.

Selected from college campus
    Tech interview was good, consisted of a english test at first and then a technical round
    Test was tough, tech interview was as expected and HR round kind of a formality.

Interview Questions
    no room for negotiation, as it was college placement.

Worked for Syntel? Contribute to the Community!