Syntel

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Syntel in September 2009.

Interview Details – Technical Test, Technical interview, HR interview

Analyst Programmer Interview

Analyst Programmer
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Syntel in August 2009.

Interview Details – Got the interview call from Employee referral...
Had 4 rounds of interviews on - Processes, Technical Background, Leadership experience, Client facing experience, Situation that i was through...
Then had a 2 rounds with HR for compensation... went well and I accepted offer

Interview Question – How do you get the new proposals sanctioned from client?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Syntel in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was started with screening test on phone. then they explained about role and asked me the comfort level. They asked me many basic day to day roles questions and then scheduled for next day of the interview.

Next day, they interviewed me on weblogic 8.1 and java basic questions and then conferenced me with the client interview, the client asked me very small and few questions related with weblogic and JDBC.

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Syntel in January 2009.

Interview Details – Was hired as a Campus hire as a Fresher; It was a strenuous process back in 2006, 3 written - 1 English Comprehension, 1 - Puzzles, 1- Quantitative Aptitude
Followed by 2 interview - HR and Technical

Generally the process recently has been more smoother what I have heard, and if you make it till the interview and have decent communication you should be able to make it

Interview Question – Technical queries on Java and rest were all managable   Answer Question

Analyst Programmer Interview

Analyst Programmer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Syntel.

Interview Details – I was selected as a Graduate Engineer Trainee from on-campus recruitment process. One integrated interview was conducted which involved technical questions which entails the Object oriented programming concepts and Algorithms corresponding to various sort methods. It was worth mentioning the short term and long term goal as the final answer to the question asked by my interviewer.

Interview Question – Technical questions regarding algorithms of SORT techniques.   Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Syntel in November 2011.

Interview Details – Campus selection,At first an online aptitude test was conducted where only 5% students were selected who were called at a certain venue on a specific date for further rounds like G.D,technical interview and HR interview and then finally a month later a list was sent to the college TPO to inform the selected candidates about the same.

Interview Question – Use 10 trees and plant them in 4 rows such that each row has atleast 4 trees   View Answers (6)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Syntel in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite transparent. But the after interview process was not so nice.

Interview Question – N.A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Chennai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Syntel.

Interview Details – It took over 2 years to complete the process ! Involved aptitude test, tech test, tech interview, GD. Once qualified, they kept me on hold for 2 years. Again another round of tech test, tech interview and HR interview before the offer was finally made.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was entry level role, did not negotiate

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Syntel in June 2008.

Interview Details – Selected from college campus
Tech interview was good, consisted of a english test at first and then a technical round
Test was tough, tech interview was as expected and HR round kind of a formality.

Interview Question – English Test was most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation, as it was college placement.

Bhubaneswar (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Syntel in October 2011.

Interview Details – Campus Recruitment : - The whole process starts from registration of college and its student at the college level as well as by students through monster... i will be writhing the whole process in steps:-
Step 1- College and student registration.
Step 2- Online Exam by Syntel in the respective college campus. Be aware syntel members may not be present but they will be tracking your IPs so dont cheat.
Step 3- Once you qualify the test you along with other student from different college are called in a venue for INTERVIEW. the interview has three parts
part 1- Group Discussion
part 2- Technical Interview
Part 3- Personal Interview
Group discussion is easy one they only check if you are expressive, vocabulary, and how quickly u gather information and present.
technical questions are mostly related to C/C++ and java. if you belong to other branch then your branch subjects.
personal interview...u know it.

Interview Question – They Asked me "We want to send you abroad and your parent denied for that what will you do?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Always Be original on your part...and in studies u don't have to know all the things...just be confident about what you know

Worked for Syntel? Contribute to the Community!