Syntel

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Syntel in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with client and staffing manager. It went very quickly, all over the phone. Technical questions from the client and very little from the Syntel Hiring Manager. Good feedback after the interview and good communication. Initial impression was one of a good, solid organization to work with. The interview to start date was moved to a quick pace.

Interview Question – What is the most import role of a PM.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was easy and fairly straight forward. Not a lot of wiggle room due to it being a contract position with one of their clients. Margins needed to be maintained.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Syntel in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very clear process, and swift paced. starts with HR round, followed by Engagement Manager round, then client interview. HR takes care of most of the operational stuff. Salary negotiation is the key, you have to ensure you get what you want before signing the contract or offer letter.

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Syntel in January 2012.

Interview Details – 3 calls. First with HR, then with the head of the delevery group from India then with the account manager in the US for the account.

Interview Question – Experience in leading a large end to end implementation.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They were offering me a similar title (at a higher salary) than what I had. I was seeking the next higher role.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Syntel in April 2010.

Interview Details – Questions based on resume

Interview Question – matching of my profile with their requirement   View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Syntel in August 2010.

Interview Details – Campus Recruitment - Received email from HR, written examination & interview held on-campus, HR & Technical Interview conducted together, received offer letter within 2 weeks with date of joining after 2 months.

Interview Question – Difficulty level of written examination was 9/10, especially the quantitative section.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Syntel in March 2011.

Interview Details – took 2 days

Interview Questions

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Syntel in October 2010.

Interview Details – Salary negotiation and releasing offer got prolonged otherwise it was fine.

Interview Question – Experince on technical, functional, managerial, ability to fit into the role that they have in offer etc.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syntel in November 2009.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of F2F interview

Interview Question – Project estimation techniques   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary not meeting expectations

Worked for Syntel? Contribute to the Community!