Syntel Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Syntel.

Interview

Interview went well. Had client interview also. Totally 2 rounds of interview. But later came to know that position was on hold. No professionalism to inform the candidate about the interview process and about the next steps. Not at all feel like joining this company.

Interview Questions

• About your previous projects.Average. Not much complex. Quiet average questions on Test Automation specific to tools. Questions around manual and automation process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Syntel

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

interviewed at Syntel (Weston, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview process is just showy,it seemed to me that they were just doing a formality while interviewing me and they had already had some of their personal guy whom they might have to select..crappy!!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Oncampus Recruiting. 1st Round- Written Test- consisted of Aptitude, English, and Math questions, every section had individual cutoff. 2st Round - Group Discussion - Had to speak on a topic given. 3rd Round- Personal Interview - Basic interview question, project work etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Syntel (Pune (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

On 02nd august 2014, there were aptitude test. It have 3 sections reasoning, verbal and aptitude. Each section have 30 q and for each section time duration was 20 min. So 90 q in 60 min. I felt that it's all about on time management. Test was not much tough. What you need to do is, manage your timings. If you able to do so then you will surely crack this part without any hurdles. On 25th August I got the call letter for further interview process. Interview at Syntel (Pune) on 18th September. There were 3 stages in interview process. All considered as a elimination stage. First one was GD. Group of 10 members was formed and given 2 min exactly for preparing on "India- A soft Nation". Disappointed that I was not able to initiate even when I have a point and proper explanation on hand. But I rapt attention of others quickly and made my points with examples in firm voice.So at last they asked individual. Just because we made some good points. 5 out of 10 selected. There was not any fixed criteria of selection. I also heard that in many group all was selected and in many 2 or 3 selected. Now turn for technical round, 7 panels running. Luckily I got a very genuine panel. He has down to earth nature and very frank. I grabbed his attention by saying good noon in replied he did firm handshake and gave positive gestures. He asked tell me about yourself. After that he asked my interested subject. I'm from CSE. So I told him that I have only knowledge about C. He asked me data link list, draw it's diagram, types of linked list etc. Then asked concept of stack, Fibonacci series etc. Then he gave me a kind of puzzle but it was time consuming. I did my best but not got d exact answer. But he appreciates that you have done good. I told him give me 2 mins I will bring you answer. But he said its ok I got your logic. He asked my area of exposure in Syntel. Then asked about final year project, impressed on my project. Latter he asked me some questions based on my project. As I told he was impressed with project, so it took 20 min. Overall interview run for 40 - 45 mins. At Last he told me I have done, anything would you know from me? I asked that what the career paths available in the company are. He replied too genuinely. After 10 mins I had to knew that I cleared. After 45 mins I called for hr round. Hr took 20 mins. She asked me tell me about yourself, describe in detail of your family background, how can you differ from other candidates, values of Syntel (speed, synergy. etc. ) , companies recent achievements, if your joining location will be Chennai den?, did you appeared for interview in any mnc, why would you join Syntel. And last she said I've done. You can asked me questions. I asked how the company has been affected by recession, what are the incentive for your top performer. After 20 mins they said you are selected.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions asked by the HR were easy and answerable. But some questions were a bit tricky. you just have to be prompt and confident while answering the questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Syntel (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was nice and smooth there were three rounds first the written den the GD then the technical round then followed by HR round .the students wer divided in groups of 15 for GD my topic was do you think womeen are more confident than men today..den in the technical round questions like wot projects have u made and wot is ur skill set ...mainly from the project uv made during internship or in college.....in HR round r u comfortable working in chennai or mumbai or pune and y du u thnk we shud hire u. littel about ur family ...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Syntel (Bhopal (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Written test conducted by monstercollege,test was of moderate level,but at the same time all depends on min. Cut-off. Interview processing consists of 3 rounds GD: Topics wr easy but u hv to speak well,Max rejections wr frm this round,smtimes whole batch also got rejected bcz of chaos. TR : Basic questions from c,c++,anything mentioned in resume,sql joins queries,some puzzles etc. HR: Just checking comm. Skills nd confidence, relocation to chennai fr north indians Offer letter ws given after 15 days thru mail,Joining is variable totally depends on business req. (May take 2-8 months)Nd ur profile matching to certain domains like oracle,java,mainframe,.net etc. Rejectd ppl. Also got a mail thanking fr their participation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dont expect immediate joining from any service based companies and bulk recruiters.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

first round-aptitude test, second round-group discussion third round-technical discussion fourth round-HR interview most difficultis to cross the ptitude test. for the later round if you have somewhat grasp on your min subjects andenglish'it's very easy.

Interview Questions

• why you want to join IT being your stream a non-IT   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Syntel (Pune (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

4 rounds 1.Apti-Quant,verbal,LR 2.GD 3.TI 4.HR Applied through college.Aptitude was easy to crack.GD topic was ARE INDIANS ARE LESS QUALITY CONSCIOUS?. My TI was good. In HR she asked me only four general questions.But i got rejected I dont no why.I asked reason but she told me that we dont have any specific reason.

Interview Questions

• interviewer can ask anything mentioned in resume   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ghaziabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Syntel (Ghaziabad (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Overall Procedure included Online Test - comprising of Aptitude, Basic C, Reasoning, Quant questions Technical Interview - asked questions from Data structure, C, Operating system PI - questions about hobby, city i stayed in HR - is i m comfortable to work for the package that is specified to us

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Syntel (Chennai (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

its interview process include: 1.written(apti-60,resoning-60,english-60) -have to solve in 90 mins(total) 2.GD-(contains 10 candidate in each group) 3.Personal Interview(technical)-they will ask some basic question from ur related branch paper and ask some basic programs from c. 4.HR interview