Syntel

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Lead Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Syntel in February 2014.

Interview Details – First telephonic interview was good and after that they arranged for technical round face to face in chennai scheduled by 11 AM. I went there and waited for 2:30 hrs for taking up the interview. It was also not a face to face, they dialled in and the call went on. The interviewer was rude. He's not technical and so he can't understand what I told him. I don't like it.

Interview Question – Nothing. Interviewer is like arnab goswami and dont allow us to speak.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Tech Lead Interview

Tech Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syntel in April 2012.

Interview Details – The HR contacted me for a lead position and the negotiation happened. One week later , the technical interview happenend, which I assume went fine. But after that no feedback on interview, no response from HR. Called HR and some other guy responded "He will be in by 5:30 pm. Oh, I thought , I was dealing with someone based in US. This HR person never called back, never repsonded to emails. When I called him back from a diffferent number, he picked and as expected, was caught unaware. Oh, I was on leave and didn't see your email. I understand, if someone is on leave for 3 days , he/she has out of office assistance to help other side know your unavailability. Negative experience and thankfully, I am not moving forward.

Joke of the process- HR guy told me during salary negotiation "I am a only middleman ". lol. I read that
HR are change agent and this guy claims to be a middleman between company and the candidate.

They cannot hire people in US with such attitude. At least spend some money on the HR and keep the recruitment person in US so that he/she can be available during US office hours.

Interview Question – experience as lead   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Syntel

Worked for Syntel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Syntel Tech Lead interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Syntel employees and interview candidates.