Synthes

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Synthes.

After going through a recruiter, I met with the Regional Sales Manager. It was a solid, good interview. Good questions, asked my SAT score which was a first, typical "overcoming obstacles" questions, goals, etc. The I went out in the field with a rep to attend surgeries. The field experience is really an eye opener. Operating rooms are chaotic places and you are at the bottom of the barrel as an interviewee. Just observe, take notes, don't say much, keep inventory, obey orders, and absorb. For trauma sales, the reps are on call and it wears guys down. You can tell some of them are workaholics who make good money, but there's a tradeoff. After several ride-alongs there's a test and then a final interview.

Interview Questions
  • They asked if I thought I've been successful up to that point in my career and life, to which I replied, yes. I was 26 at the time.   Answer Question

The nature of the job and the hours of being on call and limited in my freedoms was not attractive. The money was appealing, but nothing was guaranteed and there is high turnover in the industry.