Synthes

Relevance Date Difficulty

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

AREA SALES MANAGER
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Synthes.

Interview Details – After going through a recruiter, I met with the Regional Sales Manager. It was a solid, good interview. Good questions, asked my SAT score which was a first, typical "overcoming obstacles" questions, goals, etc. The I went out in the field with a rep to attend surgeries. The field experience is really an eye opener. Operating rooms are chaotic places and you are at the bottom of the barrel as an interviewee. Just observe, take notes, don't say much, keep inventory, obey orders, and absorb. For trauma sales, the reps are on call and it wears guys down. You can tell some of them are workaholics who make good money, but there's a tradeoff. After several ride-alongs there's a test and then a final interview.

Interview Question – They asked if I thought I've been successful up to that point in my career and life, to which I replied, yes. I was 26 at the time.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The nature of the job and the hours of being on call and limited in my freedoms was not attractive. The money was appealing, but nothing was guaranteed and there is high turnover in the industry.

Worked for Synthes? Contribute to the Community!