Synthes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
West Chester, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Synthes.

Interview Details – I interviewed at this company in West Chester, PA a number of years ago. Phone screen went really well but on site interview did not. In fact, the first couple of questions went poorly because the interviewer starting shifting his focus to Regulatory and wanted to know if I had experience in the medical device regulations in detail. I told him this wasn't my focus area prior (nor did it come up during the phone screen) but he clearly didn't care and I could tell I wasted my time. Hope their process has improved since then. Oh and I obviously didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – Do you consider yourself an expert in design control regulations and can educate the company on this area?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
West Chester, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Synthes.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long. I met with five different engineers from Spine and Trauma, each for approximately 45 minutes. While speaking with Spine engineers, I was given some thinking challenges to see how well I could think outside the box for a very open ended question. I was tasked with listing as many solutions to the problem as possible within a minute. While interviewing with Trauma, I was shown more of what the engineers do and was able to ask more questions than with my Spine interviewers.

Interview Question – I was asked to list as many way as I could think to move two cylinders together without using my hands.   Answer Question

QC Technician Interview

QC Technician
West Chester, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Synthes in March 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty painless. I went through an agency and was hired permanant after around 3 weeks time. I was brought in for a second set of interviews, and was given a decent offer after this. I accepted, and started employment there within 2 weeks. Overall, it was very smooth and easy to work with this company.

Interview Question – If you had a priority project and upper management came and gave you a new project that they said would trump everything else, would you drop your priority project for theirs?   Answer Question

Project Marketing Manager Interview

Project Marketing Manager
West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Synthes in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with Director of Marketing lead to a group/panel interview in front of their Product Team followed by lunch with the Director of Marketing and individual interviews with members of the product team.

Interview Questions

Buyer Interview

Buyer
West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Synthes in March 2011.

Interview Details – Initial respsonse and follow up from HR and Recruiter was good. Set up phone interview via HR with the hiring Mgr.; Hiring Mgr. failed to appear and I had to call HR (after 1/2 hr) and re-confirm I had the correct time. Received call 15 min later from the Mgr. and had interview (& now I was not in best frame of mind). Interview went well, was told I'd be brought in the next week for 1:1; 2 weeks of no contact. Poor communication.

Interview Question – Do I have experience with CAD drawings?   View Answer

Lead Buyer Interview

Lead Buyer
West Chester, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Synthes in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with different hiring levels individually. All asked key words for the candidate to rate the response on a scale of 1 to 10. Noticed conflict in manager styles and requirements, which was a red flag for a candidate. One Manager required a Buyer to have full grasp of machining parts, for the lower level Manager, it was of no concern.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how a 5 axis CNC Machine operates?? Do you know the difference between a 4 and 5 axis CNC Machine??   View Answer
  • Do you know what VSM, Kaizen, 5S are??   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
West Chester, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Synthes in June 2009.

Interview Details – Met with 2 people from the company one was the group manager I was going to directly work for and the other was the recruiter. They asked questions on why i wanted to work there and what brought me to synthes. They also asked me how my skills would help me there. They interviewed me in a room with other people but it still remained one on one

Interview Question – What skills do you have that will help you succeed in this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Worked for Synthes? Contribute to the Community!